Site Slowness and Problems

jon

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

me-Jon it appears to be an issue with safari and security. Here is the blocker word for word, Wayne

Safari cant verify the identity of the website "Platform.twitter.com".

The certificate for thes website was sighned by an unknowncertifying autheority. You might be connecting to a website that is pretending to be "Platform.twitter.com", which could put your confidential information at risk. Would you like to connect to the website anyways?

:3 options: Show certificate, Cancel, continue

me-I click on the question icon and I get:

If your certificate isn’t being accepted

If a certificate is not accepted, it may have expired or it may be invalid for the use to which it is being applied. For example, some certificates may be used for establishing a secure connection to a server, but not for signing a document.

The most common reason a certificate isn’t accepted is because the certificate authority’s root certificate isn’t trusted by your computer. To trust a certificate authority, it must be added to a keychain, and the certificate trust settings must be set.

To add a certificate authority to those trusted by your computer:

Obtain the root certificate from the certificate authority. Some applications (such as Safari) display the root certificate as part of an error message you can simply drag the root certificate icon to the desktop.

Drag the certificate file onto the Keychain Access icon or double-click the certificate file.

Choose a keychain from the pop-up menu and click OK.

If you’re asked to provide a name and password, type the name and password for an administrator user on this computer.

Select the certificate, and then choose File > Get Info.

Click the Trust Settings disclosure triangle to display the trust policies for the certificate.

To override the trust policies, select new trust settings from the pop-up menus.

me-I have tried many thngs to get rid of it but it keeps popping up most of the times I click on this site, Thanks for looking into it, Wayne

Edited by wayne1112

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...