Cascade Climbers Pub Club Tues Aug 21

Beck

Hear Ye hear ye, barring any dissent, the next meeting of the Cascade Climbers "We're Drinking Now" Pub Club is called for this Tuesday at

Dante's Steak and Grog

5200 Rooseveldt Way NE

University District

To Dantes I-5 North or South take 50th St. exit to the east, less than a km on 50th

cross rooseveldt,(one way South) take next available left to cut up a few blocks, come back to Rooseveldt Way, dantes is on the East side of the street, just across from Rainy Pass Outdoor Repair. Jim Nelson's just around the corner at like 54th and University, if any out of towners need to go to Pro Mountain Supply.

Hope to see you all there, coz,

"We're Drinkin' Now"

Beck

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pub Night Report...showed up c.6:30 PM and Beck, MattP and the bicycle guy whose name I can't remember (sorry, bicycle guy!) were all there. The tables were lacquered (as we would soon be) and the pub had the smokey aroma of a cheap strip club (not that I've ever been to such a place...). It bespoke of but one thing....BOOZIN' TIME!!! It was a relatively small turnout with some genuine celebrities including Chris W., Dr. J., Fast Eddie E., that cool guy from Los Gatos, that other guy at the end of the table, and the charming Miss Bivi-na. Controversial subjects were addressed and there was not a single boisterous threatening outburst or sucker punch in this electified atmosphere of alpine excellence. Chances are, if you weren't there, you came up in some discussion or other, for example, we speculated about Jules opinion of wool sock thickness and whether "pope" looks more dashing in a rugby shirt or a pastel T. You know, important stuff, mixed in with some Climberfest planning talk and some hardcore, no holds barred, serious exchange of route beta.

The beer was good and the staff was really friendly, plus it was in a convenient location near the freeway. In short, YOU should have been there!!! Once again, Beck pulled off another social tour de force ...thanks Beck!

- Dwayner

P.S. No sign of Stiffler's mother...should have checked the pool tables or the parking lot.

[This message has been edited by Dwayner (edited 08-22-2001).]

Dudes, you all rock!! and Ehmmic, too! Chris_w, thanks for the ride home, it kept me from hitting any parked cars on my bike- although I did clip one this morning on my ride to work, two hours late! Another successful "We're drinking now" event- and I like Sean's idea of a downtown Seattle meet in the future, still waiting for one our Bham brethren to call a night up in Fairhaven... Dudes?

Hey guys... sorry I missed the festivities last night. Got a bootie call from a hunky dude, and that took precedence over the pub crawlin. smile.gif At least I know where my priorities are. *Heh heh* Gotta nurse my hickies now...

[This message has been edited by dynamite (edited 08-22-2001).]

Miss Dynamite: We all make choices. I know that several of us put on clean T-shirts with climbing themes, slapped on underarm deodorant (or borrowed Jules's Blistex as a reasonable substitute), and popped a few Tic-Tac's in anticipation of your appearance. Thank goodness the delightful and effervescent Bivi-na was there so that our special grooming was not totally lost!! So if you think that one hickey-spewing dude is worth more than a tableful of handsome alpine superstars, well..., uh,....you're probably mistaken. And hickeys aren't that special anyway; you can give one to yourself if you'll settle for one on your arm. So go ahead, Dynamite, break a few hearts, we'll know you'll come back and we'll be there, spraying in our pitchers of beer, perhaps a little more shy, a tad bit hesitant, eye-contact will be a little shifty at first, but we'll get over it. Besides, Bivi-na raised our miserable self-esteem just by talking to us and not using the words "pickeled", "lush" or "sorry sods"!

- sad Dwayner

quote:

Originally posted by dynamite:

Hey guys... sorry I missed the festivities last night. Got a bootie call from a hunky dude, and that took precedence over the pub crawlin.
smile.gif
At least I know where my priorities are. *Heh heh* Gotta nurse my hickies now...

[This message has been edited by dynamite (edited 08-22-2001).]

As the saying goes "One waiting under the sheets is worth a whole shitload in the pub" ..er, something like that. Rock on Dynamite. Makes me feel less guilty for being shallow and lustful!