• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
kevbone

Favorite female vocalist?

Too many divas to love to come up with just one name. No?

if I have to give just one: Cecilia Bartoli

don't know if its just for vocal ability, but all around probably tori amos to the endless annoyance of most of my climbing partners :)

I will get shit for this, but I am old enough not to care anymore. This is my favorite female vocalist. She is a gift to us. She has turned into such an incredible singer/songwriter IMO. You go girl.

[video:youtube]

There's lots and lots out there. This one's been stuck in my head for a day or two...

Great KEXP video.

Johnette Napolitano from Concrete Blonde.

Sort of an off-beat choice for me. I wandered into a Concrete Blonde show at Bumbershoot years ago and didn't realize what an amazing voice she has - she can belt it out.

Too many to list, but at the moment, Ingrid Michaelson...like buttah [video:youtube]

Edited by bstach

Right now I am jazzed on Sleater Kinney so I would say Corin Tucker. Their live covers of 'Fortnuate Son' and 'Keep on Rockin in the Free World' with Eddie Vedder are the end all be all for me.

For some reason I always feel compelled to preface this with the standard disclaimer that "I'm not a big "Country" fan, but..." one of my favourite things in the whole world is the sound of Emmylou Harris' voice.