• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
goatboy

LEAVENWORTH Avalanche Fatality

Danny was a local kid. A strong climber, a prolific skier, and a helluva nice guy.

RIP Danny Z. You'll be missed.

Dan Z was one of the most inspiring and motivated people i have ever known. He was very well known and will be greatly missed by many.

RIP brother, you taught me so much.

We stumbled into each other from time to time. My one memory was when my partner and I became disoriented and lost trying to descend Forbidden Peak. We were starting to get a little tense when out of the blue I heard someone yell from above, “Craig, is that you? It’s me Dan!.” I looked up and saw someone on the ridge about 200 feet above me and had to stop and think for a moment, "who is Dan?" We had only met once before this time. I have no idea how he remembered my name or even recognized me from so far way. He got us back on route.

What a friendly person.

Dan, we climbed lots when I lived in L-Town, and shared many good times......

You had great energy and were so passionate about nature and exploring......

Racing you across the top of the Red Bridge is a priceless memory....

you will be missed my friend...

Keegan.

I can't even express the sense of loss I'm feeling right now. Dan was the best partner you could ever dream of having on any pursuit. I truly loved the "little guy". We will miss him greatly. The Icicle will never be the same with out you...

Here's to you buddy :brew:

-Ron Cotman

Heartbreaking. Danny had such awesome energy, you are missed my friend.