Info needed - Tom Dick and Harry (mirror lake)

LonelySummit

Been on medium day hikes this winter up above Mirror lake to TDH peaks, looking to make it a bit more interesting; wondering if anyone else has tried it....

When at Mirror lake, look east toward Ski bowl. The eastern most(left)peak is a near vertical snow and ice covered rock face. It looks to be a couple rope lengths at least. Has anyone attempted this? A group of us went up two weeks ago and had a blast on a smaller version to the west of the main face. With all the new snow, and lack of frozen water ice, I think the safest solution would be to rap down the face, drop a couple pickets in and run a rope down to the bottom. At least we could jug up if the climbing is sketch.

Any idea's? I attached a video of the trip two weeks ago. no haters.

[video:youtube]

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, some stuff has definitely been climbed up there. I haven't been up there this year, and can't quite place exactly where you shot that just now.

but there's definitely climbing.

some WI steps form near the ski bowl border.

some of those chutes have been skied too.

All the reasonable lines have been skied. Most of the crazy ones also. Go check out the photo so Scotty Grahm going huge out there. Photo is in the hurricane ski shop at the bowl.

My guess is anything that looks like it might go as a climb has been done. As far as records of such sweetness… You would have to have overheard a conversation at Charlie’s.

Not interested in skiing them, although I have seen people up there on bluebird days over the years. I think we are giving the eastern "wall" a try this weekend; should be a fairly safe approach. As I said before; if the climbing sucks, we can at least jug 60m at a time. haha