WTB Paris Expedition Sled

Captain panther

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no link here so maybe Panther was referring to something specific and maybe even specialized. What I've seen in general use is a plastic tub like the kids on the golf course behind my house use when we get 2" of snow.

Are we talking about kids' sleds (plastic tubs)? They work great for melting snow and do well for moving camp up a flat glacier, but these are not devices for moving gear or supplies up a route, right? The lack of runners makes them "difficult" when moving across a slope.

We're heading to the Wadd for 4 weeks starting at sea level. so i think the kids sled wouldnt work that well. Does anyone know if they have them layin around up there like I've heard they have them laying around for Denali? Also REI is sold out. And Kurt, Im not really looking forward to that thing for like 3-4 days of suck:(

www.skipulk.com/

Used a system based on this in the BWCAW on 2 week nordic ski trip, they work grrrrreat. If I remember right, I started with a "torpedo". It is a little more rigid than the sleds I think you talking about and it isn't as wide, but the functionality for what I needed was perfect.

confusing. You are going to drag the sled through the forest to get to waddington? What time of year are you going? I hope not summer.

A paris sled attached to a pack, going through the woods is going to be a horrible time. Better off with a short kiddie sled if that is the case.

whatever happens, good luck and share the stories afterwards.