ma-MY Ge-Ge-GENERATION (a tribute to Lambone)

pope

What has been perceived by some as a generation gap between climbing “camps” is the inspiration for the following, our tribute to Limp Bone (all in fun, Limpy). By Pope and Dwayner.

Pope and Dwayner put me down,

(talking bout my ge-generation)

Just because my shorts are brown.

Without a bolt to catch my fall,

I pee all over my overalls.

Yeah, it’s my generation baby. This is my generation. My ge-ge-generation. Yeah yeah.

MY-ma-MY, ma-MY-MY. MY-ma-MY, ma-MY-MY. My ge-ge-ge-generation.

Now placing gear seems awfully bold,

(talking bout your ge-generation)

But I hope to learn how before I get old.

You’re dissin’ Larry and dat ain’t cool,

His job is tough even if he’s a tool.

Your troubles with “the Man” ain’t no big thing,

Compared to my buddy’s (Rodney King).

Yeah, it’s my generation baby. This is my generation. My ge-ge-generation. Yeah yeah.

MY-ma-MY, ma-MY-MY. MY-ma-MY, ma-MY-MY. My ge-ge-ge-generation.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[laf]

see ya at index tuesday pope? oh no nevermind, that's right...spire rock is your hang out [Roll Eyes] i almost forgot.

anyway, gunna go bolt slow children, cause i don't have evough little cams to protect it every three feet. meet me there if ya wanna work on the redpoint... [big Grin]

[ 05-06-2002, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: Lambone ]

quote:

Originally posted by Lambone:

[laf]

see ya at index tuesday pope? oh no nevermind, that's right...spire rock is your hang out
[Roll Eyes]
i almost forgot.

anyway, gunna go bolt slow children, cause i don't have evough little cams to protect it every three feet. meet me there if ya wanna work on the redpoint...
[big Grin]

After aiding 2 pitches of City Park one winter, I "bouldered" up Slow Children a couple of moves just to see what it was like. Thirty feet later, I decided it was worth finishing. I put a piece and tied to it, then hauled up some rack since I only had about three nuts with me. When I finished the pitch I thought it was about 5.10a. I came back on a hot day and it felt like 5.11.

In addition to bolting it, I think we could get a plastic two-finger pocket fixed in the middle of the crux in such a way that you and your gym buddies could figure out the sequence. [Razz]

quote:

Originally posted by dick savage:

we all figured you sucked some political dick to get it removed.
[big Grin]

No I kinda liked the attention...that's why I jumped in on the Larry thread in the first place. Now I'll have to find another opportunity to piss people off. [Mad]

This is RURP:

I do not understand this Lambone guy. He complains that everyone is a fool because

a) they do not like him;

b) they confuse cyberspace with reality and therefore do not know the "real" Lambone.

Regarding b) why should there be such a difference? Is Lambone involved in fantasy role playing so that the bad and coarse Lambone stalks the internet with his poorly researched and often mean commentary?

And we should ignore his behavior and just say that he is probably really a very sound and nice individual in real life, but is only a "tool" on the internet?

Yes, I think if Lambone is in a fantasy role-playing mode, he should let us all know and we should allow him to morph from one character to another. After all, despite what he writes, he really wants us to believe that he is a smart and nice person [in-person]. (And here is your chance to say: "I do not care what any of you losers think about me.")

RURP has spoken.

My question is, WHY DO YOU CARE?

What makes you any better than me? The fact that you piss people off under the guise of an avatar...

First, I stand behind my opinions, if someone has a problem with them, then it shouldn't be too hard to figure out where to find me if they want to talk about it face to face.

Second, maybe you just haven't been paing attention to the ratio of positive to negative posts out of a grand total of 1300+...

Do I have any less right to spray on this web site than others do? Why my negative posts get so much attention? I don't threaten people, or call people names, unless they start in on it with me first...yet I am public enemy number 1.

I guess the real question is, why do you take the things I say so personaly?

If you are bothered by my spray meerly because I am a negative person, then how do you tolorate all the other jokers on this site? [Confused][Wazzup]

Looks like all the usual suspects are getting pissed off at Lambone. Didn't even have to start a new thread to get them pissed off. Where's cavey? [Confused]

I think that we should start a new forum modeled after Celebrity Death Match. Maybe the Avatar Spray match or something. Trask vs. Scott'tryx... Lambone vs. RURP...

Instead of hits, they get ratings and the other person loses their beloved avatar. BUT WAIT.. who's the tag team?

And for the lurking audience, a [big Drink][big Drink] and a [Moon][Moon] for all!

This is RURP:

Mr. William Strickland:

My post was not about me, it was about the attitude of Mr. Lambone who complains that people can not separate the real and nice Lambone from the negative personality he projects on the internet.

I use an "avatar", as do many, to protect myself from strangers with whom I would not necessarily care to associate with in-person.

RURP has spoken.