Need help with AT bindings for TR10 boots

Glide76

Hey guys

I just bought some nordica tr10 boots but I need some bindings. I'm a newbie I must apologize. I have been told fritschi bindings were compatible but I'm looking for more 'cost effective' bindings

I have tried scouring the net but haven't had luck searching through forums and websites

Thanks for any help!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There aren't really "cost effective" AT bindings. They are all expensive, and you don't want the cheapest because they won't be all that sturdy. Your best bet is probably to try and find a decent used pair of Fritschi's.

Marker bindings would also work, although they are heavier and more expensive, and I think they are all about aggressive skiing.

Silveretta bindings will also work, they might cost less but people say they tend to break.

I can ski but I prefer to snowboard. I've looked into splitboards and i'd be shelling out 850 for a board plus boots and bindings.

I thought I'd try skiis while kiting so i'm not postholing when adjusting my lines, and more freedom with your legs so I'm not locked into the one heel edge position all day.

I picked up those boots for 10 bux so it seemed cheaper to get into at the time (AT) then a splitboard. I figure I'll slowly upgrade the skiis then boots.

you'll need a solid boot too and I doubt you'll find the TR10's to your liking

Probably depends on how much he weighs. TR10s ski pretty well and are very comfortable, albeit a little on the soft side. I used TR12s for years and was quite happy, although I had to buy a decent thermoliner to keep my feet toasty with thin socks.

I'm around 195.

When kiting you are only holding one edge not carving so much, looking to pop the next jump or get back up the hill.

The boots were a little long but a good width, room for a couple pairs of socks. Can't be picky at the thrift store lol

I'd like to get some fat powder skiis but will probably settle for some old clunkers for now.

Some wind tomorrow gonna go fly!

Well on the advice of my friend, I think I am going to get a telemark setup, places are clearing out boots and bindings. It will be easier to get up the mountain when I have to hike

corvallisclimb, the size of kite would depend on your weight. It is suggested you purchase a smaller kite to practice on first, I got my trainer kite for 60 bux on ebay, a 2.5m HQ kite.

However in retrospect I wouldn't have got such a small one, because now its only used for friends to try out. I would suggest a 5m kite to train on, but use it on lighter winds only at first. Kiting can be extremely dangerous!

I use this forum http://www.kiteforum.com/ for guides, used gear, and more info

You'll also need a harness which run 100 bux plus (I prefer a seat harness, mine is a dakine brand)

Have fun! Once you try it you'll be hooked..