digi cameras..yes once again

layton

another vote for the G12.

I have been a freelance photographer for over 10 years (no longer one as of this month) and used to use canon Slr 5dmk2's.

I tried over the years carrying SLRs and did not like it for the bulk and just started using the G12. easy to use, takes great photos, and some manual controls.

The option not to use the LCD and use the viewfinder is a great plus too! I aslo lovet that it looks like an old school range finder camera.

I have a few cheap lowepro camera cases that just fit this camera that I'm strapping to my shoulder strap on my alpine pack.

I've noticed that the easier it is to get to the more I take photos. Plus the video feature is nice too.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I'd bring this back and ask what people like?

Thinking of getting a good P&S, leaning towards the S95, but the GH2 sounds like it takes better pictures.

The LX5 is also an option but the GH2 is the same price and the S95 more compact.

Really I'm looking got a good, durable P&S for climbing/ski/everday shots. The kind of camera that works for some print quality shots, but you can put in your jacket alpine climbing, or in your pants rock climbing or to the bar.

I'm also a bit of a photonut, so good images/some manual control is important

Edited by robpatterson5

The s100 is a pretty badass camera spec wise. Compared to the s95 it has a wider angle lens, longer zoom, faster max shutter speed, higher quality video, faster processor, and a new advanced sensor. That said, it was probably rushed to market and the early models have a lens problem, "decentered lens" some say. I'd wait until the issues are resolved, then it'll be clear champion of all compacts.