Selway river kayak trip – low water post-permit se

shapp

Any climbers in the western Washington area that are also kayakers? Want to do a low water Selway kayak self support trip shortly after the permit season ends July 31, launching sometime the first or second week in August? Hit up lightning dome area afterwards for some climby climby?

Send a pm, lets have a beer and talk

Shapp

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do a high water trip before season starts. often the river is completely dried up by the last week of july, even if you have a permit. I have a few friends who've done it really high (above 20k) and while it was big, most drops develop sneaks. I might be into doing a preseason run depending on how important the last bit of senior year is to me (not very) and if I have the funds.

Hommie, I been boating a long time, probably longer than you have been alive if you are a senior in high school or college (started rowing at 13 and kayaking at 15). I have a plan. Did I say anything about preseason? You don't know what you are talking about. The river is fairly easily floated by IKs through out august in average water years. Have you boated it, or "I have a friend that...." I am looking for climbers that may also happen to Kayak, not the other way around, as we will climb afterward. Thanks for the highjack. If I sound like a dick, it is because I want to hear from people that are interested in the Trip I described.

Edited by shapp

I like my rivers fast and brown. I'm also more of a boater then a floater. sure you could do it in IK's in august but that'd be a pretty mellow trip. preseason runs are balls to the wall adventures. it was just a suggestion. I also suggest that you look on professorpaddle, I think you'd get along with those guys pretty well, you big party-er, you.

I am looking for climbers that may also happen to Kayak, not the other way around, as we will climb afterward. ...it is because I want to hear from people that are interested in the Trip I described.
I'm interested. Check the PM thread you started.

...also non-party-ers (if such exists in the climbing/kayaking circle) need not bother. :)
I no longer partake of da kine herb. I am, however, regarded by many to be able to consume and hold more than my fair share of liquor, beer, and wine. Just ask around... :hic: