Pearly Gates

westernbackcountryskier

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by westernbackcountryskier:

no one has a picture of the routes on a webpage, or a digital picture they could send me of the area, so I can get a feel for what it looks like. I think you guys should stop whining with eachother about who has more testosterone and just fucking climb. Cut the B.S. it doesn't matter.

i have pics and i have them scanned....too bad you are in bham......i dont give no free beta....specially to peeps who want to use very little of their sense of adventure....

just go there and climb what looks good, thats what we did and then r.b. came up with the beta......

This is Gaper_#1,

Bronco, perhaps we should call him crack hoe. I am the Uli Gaper. I climb 5.3 and love it. Please do not bolt my projekts.

Crackbolter wrote me this-

You are the buggest bullshitter! Who the hell are you and what kind of bullshit are you throwing at me? Germany? Broken English? Such bullshit!

I am the allmighty masterful troutman and I can catch trout with my pubic hairs tied to a hook!

I am the almighty crack bolter who drills buttonheads attached to pop can pull tabs right next to bomber hand and finger cracks!

Who is this? Care to reveal yourself?

Gaper_#1 Has spoken. [Cool]

This is Gaper_#1,

You can air it out and everyone can judge that I was friendly and attacked by you.

I am the Gaper_#1 not the chicken shit. Maybe if you quit your bellyaching and did some research you could find out who I am.

It is not secret for anyone but you. I will be the Uli Gaper forever. You cannot justify calling me asshole and other such names.

Gaper_#1 is beyond you and will continue to redpoint my projekts at my limit. Gaper_#1 has fun pushing his limits and does not care for your accomplishments. You can climb your 5.12 cracks and bolted contrivances. I will climb my 5.4 cracks that are true lines.

As for ednorsing I dont understand what you are talking about. Your bolt mongerness has clouded your brain and the Gaper_#1 is clear minded today. I have my moments though!

Gaper_#1 comes in peace and if you start war then the war will come and be annoying. You nor I do not want any wars.

quote:

Originally posted by Crackhead:

I will poop in the cracks that you bolt. I will poop on you from the anchor above. You are crackholio. Keep your bolts in Smith Rock where they belong. Let the poo-poo fly crackfoolio!

This is Gaper_#1,

This was not written by Gaper_#1!

I climbed at the Pearly Gates on April 6. There was snow on the ground at the cliff. The approach is easy, but there isn'y always a nice trail. The soil is fragile. I wonder if the hill side might be better preserved if a trail was made. It seems there is enough interest in climbing at this crag that maybe some would be willing to pitch in and make a trail. WTA? Mountaineers? Access Fund?

I found there to be nice hand cracks at moderate grades. The best climb there is a 5.9 crack. It is easy to find because of the big dripping overhang at the start. There is a large branch stretched from the ground to the tip of the overhang to help keep the water flow away from the rock-- it's a primative rain gutter.

The climb with the pile of rocks at the base of is 5.really hard. The overhanging hand crack next to it is 5.8 and much easier than it looks.

It is beautiful granite burned clean of moss from the fires. Some of the cracks that drain water are still growing. For a few of the cracks I wished I'd had brillo pads taped to the backs of my hands. My feeling is the more people climb it the better it will be. I found the pro very sound everywhere.

Several bolted belays with chains. Some bolted climbs.

Have fun. [big Drink][big Drink][big Drink]

This is Gaper_#1,

Below is an email from one of you? Maybe Crackbolter or Headspace. I don't know or care to be called asshole. I am Gaper_#1. Please send further messages to this message board.

I am not asshole because I have other plans than to build a trail to a crag and join you at the last minute? Shame on you says Gapaer_#1 !

Below message I sent to Troutman

This is Uli Gaper,

I do not care about your name calling and such actions of "well respected climber" comments. You can build your trail alone. I am Ulie Gaper and prefer to climb easier routes in the 5.2 range. Just because I do not endorse hidden projects of this sort means I am asshole? Why do you call me asshole you have not met me. I am Uli Gaper not asshole.

I guess I am not really cool since I have plans to go elsewhere than your trail maintenance that you have invited me to but I still dont feel welcome at. Uli Gaper does not like forked tongued speakers calling me asshole and then trying to invite me.

Uli Gaper will go to Canada to redpoint a 5.2 at Squamish.

Uli Gaper Has spoken.

To: Uli_Gaper@hotmail.com

Subject: Pearly Gates

Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 20:08:29 +0000

Maybe I am being a little selfish but the season just started and it would be nice to find a little peace and quiet in Leavenworth before all of the weekend warriors trample the trail. We are working on the trail next weekend and the following weekend so that when it does start to see daily activity the trail won't be like everywhere else in Leavenworth. You can either endorse our efforts and viewed as a respected climber or be like every other asshole in this world. What will it be?

If you are really cool you would maybe like to help up do trail maint. this weekend up there?

We need to do some transplanting and wall reinforcementing.

Also, I sent you a pic of Ron on "Leap of Faith" and the tall tree that is standing next to the trail fell down weekend before last. I tried to onsight it without beta and was too tore up to get the on-sight.

SHHH, do tell anyone!

Sincerely,

Tony Bentley

troutman101@hotmail.com

End of messages-

quote:

Originally posted by Retrosaurus:

Max,

I hear that all climbs have updated info in the new book. You should stay home until it comes out for your own safety. Hopefully it will be obsolete by the time it is available, then you should just stay home.

One word: ADVENTURE.

Been there?

Can't find it in a guide book.

Mitch:

If you go back and read my posts, you'll see I really have nothing to say about pearly gates being safe/open/easy to find/a good or bad place to climb... I was just agreeing with Crack's comment about loud mouth jackasses on this sites. I'm all about adventure climbs!

quote:

Originally posted by max:

quote:

Originally posted by Retrosaurus:

Max,

I hear that all climbs have updated info in the new book. You should stay home until it comes out for your own safety. Hopefully it will be obsolete by the time it is available, then you should just stay home.

One word: ADVENTURE.

Been there?

Can't find it in a guide book.

Mitch:

If you go back and read my posts, you'll see I really have nothing to say about pearly gates being safe/open/easy to find/a good or bad place to climb... I was just agreeing with Crack's comment about loud mouth jackasses on this sites. I'm all about adventure climbs!

Max some of us think you might be a loudmouth jackass too [laf]

Oh so allison wants to be big talker too hehee.

Well allison I dont understand why you keep being hostile towards me or condescending.

I can only say one thing. Fuck off. [Moon] You asked for it. Besides are you even a climber? [laf]

[ 05-02-2002, 07:23 AM: Message edited by: AlpineK ]

quote:

Originally posted by b-rock:

Ouch, dude. That's mean.
[Embarrassed]

Yeah well what she posts is never making sense. Perhaps she thinks I am some of these other avatars making fun of her. However I am not and she is dumb as usual by implying that I am.

Who is the mean one asking for it then?

I spray on allison up front every time. Usually she starts with the usolicited garbage first anyways. She does not even know what she is talking about half the time anyways.