Pearly Gates

westernbackcountryskier

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is about a 40 minute walk from Snow Creek Parking lot. Ratings are 5.7 -5.11 cracks mostly taking the best routes.

To get there :

Hike across the bridge towards snow creek wall. Cross drainage. At first switchback cut right and across Snow Creek. Lots of downed trees. Gain faint trail heading up and left. Follow cairns to the white looking rock on the back side of snow creek wall..

Chain anchors all over the place.

i agree with ray, there are plenty of obvious routes that you do not need a guidebook....lead in the .10s and you can have a great time there....lead in the .8s and you can have a great time there.....i have a hard time seeing any r rated routes, unless you do not bring gear, then those cracks will probably be quite sporting if protected by quickdraws.....

it is a great crag....

enjoy and be safe

erik

quote:

Originally posted by Crackbolter:

Blah, Blah, Blah!

What an embarassing group. Mouth just can't stop moving, hands cant stop typing.

Cracksmoker,

I guess you are just pissed because you realized what you wrote was indeed silly. [Moon][laf] Crackhead -"Hello sir can you sell me a book so I know how to make this rock climb safe" [Moon]

quote:

Originally posted by rayborbon:

Jab jab for Max.

Hey max you dont even know about this crag do you?
[Moon]
<---- Here is your crack climb of the month it sits at the pearly brown gates and is rated 5.9 R. Get Viktors book for details on how to make it safer
[Roll Eyes]

For that crack using a condom will make it safer for both of you. And crackbolter should make sure the equipment has been sterilized before he gets that bolt installed. He he you guys troll each other good. I bolted every crack climb in the Icicle and chopped all the face climbs on my last trip down to Leavenworth. [Razz]

quote:

Originally posted by rayborbon:

Hey max you dont even know about this crag do you?

It seems you think you know all about washington climbing 'cause you hear yourself yabbering so much. Thing is, you don't realize there are quite a few (relatively silent) people out there who hear you and know enough to see you're full of shit (reference CrackBolter's comment above). Of all the disgusting disease, diareah of the mouth is the worst.

and yes, I do know about this crag. Tried to scope it (ok, from the car) about a month ago. What, you think I never make it back to WA?

Good for you max. I dont care about other quiet climbers that think I am full of it. Godo for them too. I am capable of saying any remakr I wish. Only you choose to defend anyone that does not like me even if they make dumb remarks like noted above [Wazzup][Moon] <--- c'mon lick those dingleberries off max. You kow you wanna. Swallow swallow [laf]

[ 04-22-2002, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: rayborbon ]

Max,

I hear that all climbs have updated info in the new book. You should stay home until it comes out for your own safety. Hopefully it will be obsolete by the time it is available, then you should just stay home.

One word: ADVENTURE.

Been there?

Can't find it in a guide book.

[ 04-23-2002, 12:46 AM: Message edited by: Retrosaurus ]

Crackbolter,

You are silly. No need for a book to climb on rock. I never had one and climbed plenty of routes there without an issue. I dont think I climb well either. I was able to spot the routes that looked good.

R rated or not you can always TR the stuff. Get real. People dont need a book to make it "Safe" at Pearly Gates.

I can only suspect you are a friend of or are slapphappy. BTW was that you scrubbing moss across from Castle Rock this weekend?

[ 04-22-2002, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: rayborbon ]

quote:

(snip)There are a few "R" rated climbes to know about. If you try to climb them without enough info you could end up taking a groundfall.

Or you could come to the conclusion that there isn't enough pro and downclimb.

quote:

Wow! These guys never read guidebooks. You guys are real men. Can I climb with you? Will you show me how you get to the top of a rock? I don't know what I am talking about. I am a freakin idiot. No! Im a stupid idiot! No! Im a fucking idiot!
[laf]

Cracksmoker,

Yes you are an idiot. I dont need a guidebook to make it "safe". I think they gave the necessary info to climb there.

Crackhead to get to the top of the rock jump out of an airplane without a parachute!

No you cannot climb with me because you are dumb.

BTW stop sending me messages about not wanting people up there for trail building purposes. It's a lame excuse. [Roll Eyes]