WTB - Hangboard

boadman

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm not crazy about the nicros but its fine if you just want something to do pull ups off of...if any one else wants to buy it let me know. I replaced it with the beastmaker 2000 which is the best board money can buy in my opinion.

I'm curious why you want two hangboards in your life? I consider myself a hang board addict but I really feel that the key to getting strong and staying uninjured it so limit oneself to 1-2 weekly sessions and warm up slowly with sets of dead hangs and repeaters (see the training articles here: http://www.beastmaker.co.uk/training%20page2.htm) on easy holds before you even think about touching the harder holds...people who just do a few pull ups with out warming up every time you walk past tend to be the people who pull tendons and give hangboarding its bad reputation.

Good hangboard recipe:

-3' by 2' piece of 3/4" ply

-3' strip of 3/4", 1/2", and 1/4" trim

-maybe coupla pieces of 2" by 4" for pinches

Screw everything on, screw unit on wall, and start hanging!

Use 1 or 2 finger open hand to train pockets, etc etc.

I want one at my folks house so I can train when I'm up there. I go up there probably over a month out of the year and I get antsy if I can't train at all. It's a lot lower profile than a climbing wall.

Oh, and I usually do repeaters about 2 or three times a week. I like the metolius 10 minute work outs for warm ups. I try to do them about 4 days a week.

I think hangboards are way easier on my body than the gym. Every time I've had a tendon injury it's from doing something dynamic in the gym or outside. It's a lot easier to pay attention to your body on the hangboard.

Edited by boadman