Dosewallips state park Snowshoe/Hiking Options

merganzer

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a long time since I've been there, but at sea level you won't find any snow. It's not a huge park so I'd suggest beach combing and exploring, I don't think you could get more than a mile of hiking if that.

Or are you referring to the Dosewallips River and not the state park? If you head up there I don't think you will hit snow before the old ranger station/campground which is ~3 miles past the road closure/washout (several years ago). Just hiking up the old road can be a nice mellow hike. The worst part will be getting around the washout but I think they may have completed a bypass trail since i was last there a few years ago.

nwhikers.net may have more hiking info/conditions.

The bypass trail is complete around and over the washout. The old road is definitely an interesting walk and might generate an interesting discussion with your wife.

As for snow, you may head south from Dosewallips to the Lake Cushman area. There have been a few TR's on nwhikers over the previous weeks from that area including snowshoeing and moderate climbing.

The numerous towns on Hood Canal are interesting but watch out for the revolving speed limits. They'll make your head spin.

Edited by johnson37