• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
merganzer

Dosewallips state park Snowshoe/Hiking Options

It's been a long time since I've been there, but at sea level you won't find any snow. It's not a huge park so I'd suggest beach combing and exploring, I don't think you could get more than a mile of hiking if that.

Or are you referring to the Dosewallips River and not the state park? If you head up there I don't think you will hit snow before the old ranger station/campground which is ~3 miles past the road closure/washout (several years ago). Just hiking up the old road can be a nice mellow hike. The worst part will be getting around the washout but I think they may have completed a bypass trail since i was last there a few years ago.

nwhikers.net may have more hiking info/conditions.

Thanks for the info, I was referring to the State Park. However was planning on using the park as a base camp and willing to drive a bit for some snow.

The bypass trail is complete around and over the washout. The old road is definitely an interesting walk and might generate an interesting discussion with your wife.

As for snow, you may head south from Dosewallips to the Lake Cushman area. There have been a few TR's on nwhikers over the previous weeks from that area including snowshoeing and moderate climbing.

The numerous towns on Hood Canal are interesting but watch out for the revolving speed limits. They'll make your head spin.

Edited by johnson37