Cragging at Vantage?

bucketz

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be because when you camp there and look for a rock to help hold down your tent during a wind storm that fills your eyes with dust you find a condom underneath the rock. Or it might be because you wake up in the middle of the night to a shitty camper bumping Eminem at 2:00 am when your trying to sleep in a tent. Or it might be the attitude of some climber who likes to post on a popular route and make snide comments to any one that approaches or engages them in conversation.

That being said I have a smile on my face everytime I climb.

How come no one seems to smile and enjoy themselves while out at Vantage? Just seems weird....

Because Vantage is such a shit pile that most people would rather climb elsewhere and when they do end up getting forced to climb at Vantage, they are reminded of how much they would rather be somewhere else, climbing something of quality and enjoying it.

the classic "mad-dog."

from urban dictionary: To stare fixedly at someone in a hostile manner. Generally used to convey anger or disdain, can be a signal that a fight is about to happen.

usually it's because they are insecure with their climbing or they are too cool.

just this weekend I was heading down from forestland, passing a number of bouldering parties on my way out I said hello to everyone, asked how their day was, blah blah blah.

as I came around the big fin at barney's rubble I saw two dudes and just as I was about to say hello this dude mad-dog's me, HARD, and looks away. I sat there for a second looking at them but they wouldn't look at me. so i laughed at em and walked away.

How come no one seems to smile and enjoy themselves while out at Vantage? Just seems weird....

because climbers at vantage are typically more sober than at most other climbing areas...

Lies!!!

I don't think I've ever been sober there.

My roommate: "if you're sober(at vantage), you're doing something wrong"

because climbers at vantage are typically more sober than at most other climbing areas...

Lies!!!

I don't think I've ever been sober there.

My roommate: "if you're sober(at vantage), you're doing something wrong"

good quote indeed, and applicable to most situations, i would venture to reckon...way out is the way out, otter...

I use to enjoy the place, then people from the wet side found it and it lost all its charm.

Sol, it sucks to be out in there in the Icicle having a good day only to run into people who act like that. You handled it well with the laugh, makes them think your crazy and maybe they wont come back for fear of the mad men who hang out around there.

Cheers !

Because Vantage is such a shit pile that most people would rather climb elsewhere and when they do end up getting forced to climb at Vantage, they are reminded of how much they would rather be somewhere else, climbing something of quality and enjoying it.

:fahq: You just don't get it....I had a greet time last weekend with the wife, son and friends hang'n at a wind block part of the crag...maybe you belong at the feathers :fahq:

I use to enjoy the place, then people from the wet side found it and it lost all its charm.

And Fred Stanley and Fred Dunham used to enjoy it before it was overrun with eastsiders.

I saw Fred S climb'n at the feathers a few years ago and he seem to be enjoy'n himself...maybe you should get out more.

And Fred Stanley and Fred Dunham used to enjoy it before it was overrun with eastsiders.

I saw Fred climb'n at the feathers a few years ago and he seem to be enjoy'n himself...maybe you should get out more.

He must have been smiling.

No argument here with the choss comments. The trad climbing all pretty much sucks and the newer bolted areas are pretty uninteresting. Some of the newer cave routes have some cool climbing though. Despite the choss, I do find my myself at Vantage a lot in the spring with my posse of beautiful women when we are all trying to get some desperately needed sun and tan our backs and thighs. Nothing like catching rays in early April on a mellow 5.10 bolted column. West side weather sucks for nine months of the year and Vantage is more fun than the local tanning bed.

Every climbing area or mountain climb has some choss, Vantage has some stellar crack and sport climbs, glad you smack talk,n bumblys have not found them, keep hang'n at the feathers or sushine wall(the bowl'n alley) :rolleyes: and even those walls have a classic or two.

I guess the hardest climbers in the state have not heard it's a choss pile :rolleyes:

As JY says "DUDE IT'S BITCH'N CHOSS"