Lillooet help.

jordansahls

I'm looking to take a trip to Lillooet as soon as things get colder (if things get colder). I have never taken a trip to the area in my life, what are some good sources of information? What are the best websites to monitor the weather? Where are some good cheap places to stay? Quickest way to get there? Guide books? recommended climbs? Areas near by? Good place to get a beer? ect.

I'm familiar with the West Coast ice website, but that's about all. The only climbs, besides icy BC, That I am even a little familiar with are synchronicity and honeymoon, which I really would like to try and climb this year provided the season doesn't peater out in a haze of heat and rain.

Any and all information is a great help. Thanks!

-Jordan

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

westcoast ice by Don Serl, but you knew that I'm sure.

Breakfast at the Reynolds, there's a guest book and damn fine grub. Should be a beer on tap at the Reynolds bar as well, probably MGD or some such swill ;) I usually stay at the 4 pines, clean and easy. Probably something cheaper around but Im a creature of habit and loathe change. Fingers crossed for weather.

I'm familiar with the West Coast ice website, but that's about all. The only climbs, besides icy BC, That I am even a little familiar with are synchronicity and honeymoon,

-Jordan

synchro was reported as falling apart on the 4th and honeyman is probably a pile of chunks by now.

night n' gale has a long season and is probably still in & worth checking out. take hip waders or garbage bags to get across the river

Thanks for the good info. for those of you familiar with the climate in the area and the normal season, what are your guesses for mid march (magic 8 ball anyone?)? I'm obviously going to be keeping my eye on conditions from now until then, but I'm trying to decide between a place like Cody/Haylite or Lillooet (which is closer = less driving).