Whats this route?

stevetimetravlr

I just looked at Tim Olsens big poster map of Beacon that I have laminated. It looks like Borderline is the line left of Blownout, and Second Wind goes right. Says Borderline is 11b and Second Wind is 11d, yikes. Stout. How is Borderline?

it's 11b, great route. the crack system after the bolt is perfect and seems to stay pretty clean.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Billcoe... Im pretty sure my friend and I aided that thing back in the late 90's, I can't recall a name though. That arete above his head would make for a killer line!

Sure? Jim had said it had never been done before, certainly was not in Tims book, and we didn't see any evidence of a prior ascent. If you did you must have bagged the FA. Tell us about it. Name of who you climbed it with, dates, pro, where you went or finished etc etc? We'll make sure you get credit for it.

Wow didnt think we had done an FA... I'll write some more in a little bit then!

that's what she (ivan) said

[video:youtube]7yl3UMO-TkE

and ivan told me a while back i should retire pink, nigga puleezz!!!

ok, that explains everything Ivan! Pipeline rockfall?

shot in the head by a loweball, then, all slap-happy, blowing out 2 pieces at the start of silver crowe or whatever the fuck it was - here hanging in space next to geoff at the top of the 1st pitch of pipeline :)

I just looked at Tim Olsens big poster map of Beacon that I have laminated. It looks like Borderline is the line left of Blownout, and Second Wind goes right. Says Borderline is 11b and Second Wind is 11d, yikes. Stout. How is Borderline?

borderline is good rock climb.

Cartier still climbs out at Beacon and I know he usually gets on Borderline and BSS every year. He did NIAD with Florine three or four years ago. Daryl is still active in Bend as well I believe and at one point bitd when the Camp 4 boys were into boxing he went a few rounds with Bachar more than holding his own.

DSCN0524.JPG

you'll never guess this one :fahq:

tourons31.jpg

notice any similarities? anyone buellar, buellar, buellar :lmao:

hate to break your heart pink, but those 2 pics ain't the same climb :)

in your pic, joe's up and right of where i am in my pic - where i am in my pic is where i was when cleaning and trying to go in joe's direction, which i abandoned after it looked like i'd need bolts, which i wanted to put off as long as possible

instead, my pitch traveres strait left - that pic shows the area kenny fell as well...

DSCN0524.JPG

you'll never guess this one :fahq:

tourons31.jpg

notice any similarities? anyone buellar, buellar, buellar :lmao:

hate to break your heart pink, but those 2 pics ain't the same climb :)

in your pic, joe's up and right of where i am in my pic - where i am in my pic is where i was when cleaning and trying to go in joe's direction, which i abandoned after it looked like i'd need bolts, which i wanted to put off as long as possible

instead, my pitch traveres strait left - that pic shows the area kenny fell as well...

you don't have the mental capacity or the tits to break my heart son :)that's not what i was getting at, i was referring to the general area. i know that lower wall well, i've top roped all the possibilities. that's the first pitch of smoke signals. the anchor above it is just to left of yours.