Fux Freakout

prole

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/01/31/us-egypt-israel-usa-idUSTRE70U53720110131

Headline:

Israel shocked by Obama's "betrayal" of Mubarak

I will admit that I can't get the noise on that Glen Beck link, but I can see (sadly) that you guys must want us all to start listening to Beck and Limbaugh so that we can be up to snuff when have these topical discussions on things they say.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/01/31/us-egypt-israel-usa-idUSTRE70U53720110131

Headline:

Israel shocked by Obama's "betrayal" of Mubarak

I will admit that I can't get the noise on that Glen Beck link, but I can see (sadly) that you guys must want us all to start listening to Beck and Limbaugh so that we can be up to snuff when have these topical discussions on things they say.

CC's self appointed spokesmoron SHOULD know the current buzz, dood. Do your job.

The last thing Fasc Noose wants to see is a free thinking people who will no longer put up with being humiliated.

Beck's probably rubbing it raw at the thought of a shitload of A-rabs being gunned down.

Do you have any posts yet where you've been successful in not going out of your way to be an A-hole?

Nevermind.

The last thing Fasc Noose wants to see is a free thinking people who will no longer put up with being humiliated.

Beck's probably rubbing it raw at the thought of a shitload of A-rabs being gunned down.

Do you have any posts yet where you've been successful in not going out of your way to be an A-hole?

Nevermind.

Beck's not the only guy with unrequited gun play fantasies, apparently.

but we know that about fox already.

regarding egypt, what's more interesting is how this sentiment is represented within the current administration (along with administrations over the last 30 years).

whether one likes it or not, having a fundamentalist islamic regime is of concern to any liberally minded humanoid concerned with things like human rights, just as it is here in the US with the rise of righty religionists.

Edited by Kimmo

whether one likes it or not, having a fundamentalist islamic regime is of concern to any liberally minded humanoid concerned with things like human rights, just as it is here in the US with the rise of righty religionists.

But we know that already too.

What Tvash's juxtaposition of reality-based reportage with the original post touches on and what numerous examples of shrewder analysis makes clear, is that hyperbolic dismissal is exactly what is appropriate here. There is plenty of work out there that does a fine job of contextualizing the recent events, sheds light on the actually existing conditions in Egypt, the role and strengths of elements within Egyptian civil society (including the Muslim Brotherhood) and takes into account the various dangers that fundamentalism poses. The notion that Fux simply constitutes an equally valid, competing "viewpoint" is absurd. They should be called out on their shit at every opportunity, not coddled in some relativist marshmallow fog of "interpretation".

but we know that about fox already.

regarding egypt, what's more interesting is how this sentiment is represented within the current administration (along with administrations over the last 30 years).

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLiku08FlRg