climbers and subarus

beefcider

Damn, I just got some really impressive looking Edelweiss and Trango stickers with my new gear that came today. I was gonna put em on my Outback, but I think I'll have to get a "My other ride is your Mother" sticker instead. Just when I'm on the cusp of looking cool, someone here has to start this post and expose me for the shallow, materialist, bandwagon, climber-wannabe that I am. I'm going down to REI right now to return some old socks [big Drink][big Drink][Frown] so that I feel better. [Frown]

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dru

I am honnored....Ummm Gee I think I am at a loss for words oh mighty spray master.

Now see if it would have been girls and the subaru... we could get 6 of us in there, sleep awsome, warm and dry and climb hard the next day.

boys don't know how to share [big Grin]

Years ago, down at the wall by Hec Ed, a young enthusiast approached Brian Sullivan (one of the most bad-assed ski-mountaineers you'll ever meet, and a fine rock climber as well). The young man asked, "Hey, you guys want some Power Bar stickers?" Brian just rolled his eyes and said, "seeesh." Then he walked away. I laughed my ass off. The end.

There are many kinds of sheep. You can follow some- ones butt or not. But lets face it: doing or not doing because of what other people say is lame. If you like stickers on your car have them if not, don't. What is it to any one else, Unless of course you want them to purchase your car...

when I returned to my boots after climbing Pigeon Spire W.R. I found them stuffed with stickers for a guiding business website ... lame. what makes you think I want to advertise your guiding business or carry your sticker garbage out ??? [Mad]

funny climbing stickers distract border guards..."Think Less Climb More"... huh huh. Then they don't find the 'apples' you're hiding.

quote:

Originally posted by sk:

That is lame. I totaly agree. However, being a busness owner it does help when people who enjoy our service or product pass along the word. <snip>

I enjoyed no service from this company, I was climbing unguided. I will pass along no good word, I threw their sticker away and I'm not going to say their name.

[Razz]

quote:

Originally posted by fern:

quote:

Originally posted by sk:

That is lame. I totaly agree. However, being a busness owner it does help when people who enjoy our service or product pass along the word. <snip>

I enjoyed no service from this company, I was climbing unguided. I will pass along no good word, I threw their sticker away and I'm not going to say their name.

[Razz]
Like I said those guys totaly suck. Would have done the same thing. [smile]

I agree that there are a way too many 'free tibet' stickers out there on the outbacks, on any car for that matter. That's why I went with strike fighter squadrons. Whenever I get freaked out by an ascent I remember that if my bro could land an F/A-18 on a carrier deck at night then I can get past it.

As for the 'my other ride is your mom' sticker I got one for my bike and changed it to read:

"I ride my mom"

that always gets the looks

[big Grin]

[ what makes you think I want to advertise your guiding business or carry your sticker garbage out ??? [Mad] ]

That is lame. I totaly agree. However, being a busness owner it does help when people who enjoy our service or product pass along the word. We often OFFER stickers, or note pads with company logo. I promiss to never fill you boots with my trash!..

[ 04-17-2002, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: sk ]

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

good bumper sticker....

maybe jon can use it on his bike....

"the closer you tailgate, the better my aim"

You used to be able to get one with a pic of a .45 on it "NEVER MIND THE DOG BEWARE OF OWNER" [big Grin]