climbers and subarus

beefcider

OK, I can deal with half of the entire outdoor crowd driving subarus, mostly the legacy/outback/wagon type but what I don't get are the ones with all of the mega-corporate advertising stickers that usually cover every bit of available space on thier after market roof boxes. If you're at the crags and you drive a subaru then why do they have to tell everyone in the parking lot "duuuuuuuuude, I'm like, a climber". Is this some kind of pseudo-status thing or do these people actually enjoy advertising for the big companies?

Before anyone asks, yes, I drive a subaru and even have two stickers on it. They are VFA-125 and VFA-151 zaps and I only have them there because 99.9% of people wouldn't have a clue what they are about.

[big Grin]

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Figger Eight:

The stickers I had on my Subaru were from companies that supported programs I'm involved with by donating gear. They supported me...I don't mind showing my appreciation.

If you just go to REI and you snatch up a bunch of stickers just to put all over your car, then you're a GUMBY.

Yeah those stickers are for helmets not cars [Roll Eyes]

quote:

Originally posted by Figger Eight:

quote:

Yeah those stickers are for helmets not cars

Oh sorry Dru...next time I'll check with you to see if it's cool or not...
[Roll Eyes]
I meant the stickers from REI. But you are welcome to check with me anytime you dont know if somethings cool or not. I dont mind offering you fashion advice. I can tell you need it.

V- Fixed Wing

F- Fighter

A- Attack

Yeah, The 125 is the west coast FRS. my bro was a hornet driver with the 151. Seeing as the 125 is a training squadron, they don't really count though afterburners are afterburners...

Were you in VFA-136 at Cecil?

[Wazzup] What do you mean? Nothing reveals your true badass nature like a cartoon taking a leak. You're lucky I don't have room on my duelie's window for more of 'em or I'd put one up with you on it, right under my nascar sticker. I'm built Ford-tough just like my rig. I burn $40 in gas getting to work each morning and proud of it. Chevy sux, and I'll piss on it whenever I damn well please.

[ 04-15-2002, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: imorris ]

quote:

Originally posted by imorris:

[Wazzup]
What do you mean? Nothing reveals your true badass nature like a cartoon taking a leak. You're lucky I don't have room on my duelie's window for more of 'em or I'd put one up with you on it, right under my nascar sticker. I'm built Ford-tough just like my rig. I burn $40 in gas getting to work each morning and proud of it. Chevy sux, and I'll piss on it whenever I damn well please.

FUNNY THING IMORRIS

TODAY WAS THE FIRST TIME IN MY ENTIRE LIFE (24 YRS) THAT I HAVE SEEN A FORD F350 DOING SOMETHING THAT MIGHT REQUIRE THE 300HP THAT ALL THOSE LITTLE WINKY MEN THINK THEY NEED...

IT HAD A BED FULL OF WOOD......

THANK GOD THAT GUY HAD 45" TIRES.....YOU KNOW HOW EASY IT IS TO THROUGH WOOD IN A BASIC SIZE TRUCK...MIGHT AS WELL MAKE IT A MAN CHORES.....

Best damn thing to happen to NASCAR was Ernhardt's (however the fuck you spell his name)death. Sheeit, I would have paid $10 to go to Daytona to laugh at all those sorry redneck fucks and see him bite it. Better yet, They need to start racing those penis envying F-250 and F-350's drivin fecal matter for brains drivers. I would pay at least $15 to see a bunch of those crash and burn.

quote:

Originally posted by CleeshterFeeshter:

Best damn thing to happen to NASCAR was Ernhardt's (however the fuck you spell his name)death. Sheeit, I would have paid $10 to go to Daytona to laugh at all those sorry redneck fucks and see him bite it. Better yet, They need to start racing those penis envying F-250 and F-350's drivin fecal matter for brains drivers. I would pay at least $15 to see a bunch of those crash and burn.

Now I ain't a car-dude and have never watched the NASCAR, but day-amn! You're a little bastard.