October in Europe?

Heading to England for a wedding in October and want to tack a European climbing trip onto it. We only have about 2 weeks and we're totally open to ideas.

We mostly enjoy alpine rock but I realize October is a little late for this type of climbing... but we'd at least like longer moderate trad routes.

Climbing in the 5.8 range... not against to clipping bolts and likewise not concerned about chilly conditions if the route is classic (but not interested in early season Cham ice).

Suggestions for the those who've done the Euro climbing thing?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fall is a perfect time to head south to Spain/France/Italy. If ya want to clip bolts Bouix, La Turbie, Finali, Calanques, etc. Verdon would certainly be longer routes but still lots of bolt clipping. For alpine you could also go south the Maritine Alps outside Nice. I did some fun climbing while living there. Much more quiet than Cham.

I don't know how feasible it is for you, but Meteora in central Greece should be good that time of year (though back in '08 it rained quite a bit). Stuff up to 6+ pitches on some cool conglomerate towers. Rel. cheap (for Europe anyway) place to stay...decent food & cheap table wine. Stu Green Euro book is a decent starting point for beta. Some sh.t on summitpost too.

our old tr

Edited by fgw

I don't know how feasible it is for you, but Meteora in central Greece should be good that time of year (though back in '08 it rained quite a bit). Stuff up to 6+ pitches on some cool conglomerate towers. Rel. cheap (for Europe anyway) place to stay...decent food & cheap table wine. Stu Green Euro book is a decent starting point for beta. Some sh.t on summitpost too.

our old tr

Wow - thanks for the link. Sounds like an awesome place to visit. Great site - we'll certainly be perusing it while trying to figure out where to go.