Mont Blanc in April/May

tthirloway

I'm planning a two week climbing trip to Mont Blanc in either late April or mid-May. (I know that's not too specific, but the plans are just starting to come together.)

I am looking for alpine climbing partners (snow/ice/rock). If anyone is going to be there or knows anyone who will I would love to talk to you/them.

Also any route suggestions would be appreciated as I have never been.

Thanks.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The lifts may close but not all of the telepheriques. Many of the huts are fully open (i.e. staffed) for a limited time in the winter/spring months. When not staffed the huts always have winter access. However, they might be quite cold so you should be prepared to have all your gear.

During April and May many huts are staffed as that is prime time for skiing for the Haute Route and for climbing many of the classic faces that melt out in the summer.

I will be over there again for the last three weeks in April climbing and skiing. Send me a note with your abilities and I can try to make a few suggestions.