Rodent Architecture by Trader Joe's

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having a battle royale with rats too... They easily chew holes up in 2x4s , feast on the chicken feed/compost pile. I'm amazed how clever they are at getting the bait off the traps without tripping it. I did manage to club one and squash it recently... Little bastards are driving me nuts.

I'm not having a battle royale with rats. I went to war with them last summer and after a 3 days of Shock and Awe using bioweaponry, shovels, and peanut butter they were gone. Getting rid of my rotting worm bin might have helped some. In any case, I've merely uncovered the last holdout: the Anne Frank of rats, if you will. It will either make it to Switzerland (hopefully the parking nazi's house across the street), or pay zee price for not doing so.

the time i had rat problems in my garden i foudn it amusing to spend hours on the back-porch w/ jug of wine and a pellet rifle pre-aimed on the kill zone :)

seemed to only take them a week to get the message...

I've been tempted to break out the shotgun, but have resisted the urge, so far.

I'm not having a battle royale with rats. I went to war with them last summer and after a 3 days of Shock and Awe using bioweaponry, shovels, and peanut butter they were gone. Getting rid of my rotting worm bin might have helped some. In any case, I've merely uncovered the last holdout: the Anne Frank of rats, if you will. It will either make it to Switzerland (hopefully the parking nazi's house across the street), or pay zee price for not doing so.
I have yet to catch one in the traps, although they have gotten fed plenty and even tripped the traps without getting caught a few times. I set two up last week that they have to go in a tunnel to get the bait, making it much harder to just lean in and snag the food. To my surprise, the bait is still there and the Decon block has not been touched. I'm guessing they all got poisoned. Won't take long for another family to move in, I recon. The last one I saw was incredibly fat and about a foot long. I think it was prolly preggers.

Trashie, you will always be the fat rat in my woodpile. :blush::moondance: sickie :wave::wazup::pagetop::P:provoke:

BTW, love the new sig... :lmao: Although it pales in comparison to some of the gems I offered up.