fun shit to do

allthumbs

Posted by butterfingers...

This is a copy of a post i did on the mt. whitney board. I usually do whitney once a month to stay in shape and am heading out again the 18th of this month. FUN THINGS TO DO ON YOUR WHITNEY HIKE. 1. Buy a pack of camel filterless cigarettes, and light one up just before you pass someone on the trail.(don’t inhale) I used to save this one for people that would speed up when they knew you were going to pass them. 2. At a rest brake, or any time you can get away with it, sneak a couple of rocks in your partner’s backpack. 3. Shortly before the summit, put on a pair of beach flip flops and give your daypack to your partner. Act liked you just walked up carrying nothing. 4. If you are doing a day hike, bring a large expedition bag and fill the rest with Styrofoam peanuts in a plastic trash bag (make the pack look huge) then blow by the line of people going up on the trail. Extra points if you are smoking a camel filterless cigarette. 5. This wouldn’t work on Whitney, but is good for other summits. Wake up way before light and drag up an old dilapidated rusty beach cruiser bicycle to the top of a popular mountain bike trail. Wait for the local iron men to show up wearing helmets and looking like gypsy rodeo clowns. Ask for directions someplace far away. Extra points for smoking a camel and wearing foot flops. 6. Tie a long thin string to your partners’ tent when they are not paying attention. After they are in bed pull the string from your tent every so often. Don’t answer if they ask if you heard anything.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stash several brewskis in your partner's pack. When you stop for the night and he pulls them out and says, "Heeyyyyyy, what's up with this?" respond by saying, "At least it's "light" beer." [big Drink]

If he still gives you shit, tell him that you drew the line at him hauling up the ice. tongue.gif" border="0

credit goes to George Kenndey, in Eiger Sanction

[ 04-09-2002: Message edited by: sobo ]

did this one on mt. si day before yesterday. Wear a mcdonalds t-shirt in hopes of messing up peoples diets by making them crave fast food. Then once you get to the top, climb the haystack in hiking shoes. Wait till it gets dark and then lose the trail on the way down the mountain. If it gets too dark, use the indiglo from your cellphone to light the path.

note to self, don't climb with Rainier,Sobo or Greg, or that no_pot_heads fuck, what an asshole!!!!!! [Wazzup][Wazzup][Wazzup]

shit, I just realized I fell for the most obvious avatar troll ever, noone could be as dumb as that guy. Ray/Dru, cut it out.

[ 04-17-2002, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: avypoodle ]

quote:

Originally posted by avypoodle:

note to self, don't climb with Rainier,Sobo or Greg, or that no_pot_heads fuck, what an asshole!!!!!!
[Wazzup][Wazzup][Wazzup]

shit, I just realized I fell for the most obvious avatar troll ever, noone could be as dumb as that guy. Ray/Dru, cut it out.

Those aren't my avatars.