I need to climb some mountains.

SpeedyXC

Here's the deal...for the past several years, I've been wanting to get into mountaineering. I've done several scrambles and off trail routes (Cascadian Route on Mt. Stuart, W Ridge of N Twin, Mt. Larrabee, Ruth Mountain, Bailey Range Traverse...nothing too difficult) but I've had trouble getting glacier travel and crevasse rescue experience. I've been going to college and haven't had the money to pay for a class, but now that I'm done with school, I can probably afford it.

So, looking ahead to this spring/summer, I am looking for either:

A) An affordable intro to glacier travel course (the ones at AAI are super expensive but if I need to I could probably afford one)

-or-

B) Someone who wouldn't mind taking me with them on an easy climb or two this summer.

I have read FOTH multiple times, but haven't had the chance to practice much of it.

I am in excellent shape...I trail run up to 100 miles a week in hills, so If you're looking for someone to tackle long, physically difficult routes that aren't too technically challenging I'd love to come along.

I've also just started climbing at the Y in Bellingham and am hoping to do that a couple nights a week over the winter to get ready for summer.

I have my own ax, crampons, harness, helmet, prusiks, and basic backpacking gear, but no shared gear. I can offer a ride as well.

Let me know if you know of any affordable mountaineering classes or shoot me a PM if you'd like to possibly climb or scramble anything this spring or summer.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not in your area but want to say you come off as prepared as possible and ready to go out with someone more experienced to be challenged more and learn. more than can be said for what seems like 95% of the people who pop on here saying 'I wanna mountaineer!, teach me!".

good luck, if you were in pdx area id be down on trying to figure some hood action.

cheers

Well I would be willing to help, I have all the group gear so that's set. But I would want at least one other person in on this as well, my brother could join as well (the more people the better, or at least up to 4 people). But I live further south in Lynnwood, so let me know if you come down south and would like me as a partner. For me any excuse is a good excuse for me to get out into the mountains, even if I don't summit anything.