[TR] Beasodden Rock - Jensen's Rectum (fa? III+, 5.8 C1) 1/16/2011

ivan

So when you can't free climb, aid climb. Or rap in and clean and check out lines for future reference.

Or do one of the hundreds of other activities that do not involve suffering in the rain and cold at Beacon! You guys are nuts! But hey weve all been there. Keep up the stoke.

Cheers

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats your problem dude? I said keep up the stoke. I aided plenty in the rain at Beacon back when I was into that sorta thing. Would I do it now, hell no. I've aquired other hobbies and like to save the suffering for the alpine and big walls not the crag. But yes it could have easily been climbed on a sunny and warm summer day :)

But yes it could have easily been climbed on a sunny and warm summer day :)

true 'dat - though likely it woulda come w/ even more poison oak scars on yer nutsack :grin:

i look forward to fucking w/ it in summer - i'd climb other places then beacon more often if'n the good lord helped me win the lottery :rawk:

Whats your problem dude? I said keep up the stoke. I aided plenty in the rain at Beacon back when I was into that sorta thing. Would I do it now, hell no. I've aquired other hobbies and like to save the suffering for the alpine and big walls not the crag. But yes it could have easily been climbed on a sunny and warm summer day :)

If you have to ask yourself if self flaggelation is a hobby, then its probably more of a pastime, but if you want to call it a hobby, I'm cool with it. Either way. The important thing is you are out there doing it. Making your mark, just like Ivan, only different. Stoked!

But yes it could have easily been climbed on a sunny and warm summer day :)

true 'dat - though likely it woulda come w/ even more poison oak scars on yer nutsack :grin:

i look forward to fucking w/ it in summer - i'd climb other places then beacon more often if'n the good lord helped me win the lottery :rawk:

Right on Ivan! I might be interested in doing a little aid with you this summer once its warm and dry ;) Thinking about another El Cap solo (as much as I say I shouldnt) so its always nice to brush up a bit.

Cheers

ospray, when did u do most of ur climbing at beacon?

Mostly in the early to mid 90's, then off and on since then. Then a friend and I did quite a few of the aid routes back in 03-05 when we where training for a harder aid route on the capitain. Alot of that was done in shitty weather just like Ivan. My socks still have not dried out :)

Cheers

Nothing too hard, we did Auroa in the summer, and Zenyatta in winter. Hence the bad weather training, but we wound up having perfect January weather. Also did the Diheadral, Salathe and Zodiac back in the mid 90's. Finally managed a solo of the Trip last year wich was harder than both of those combined, but for some reason I'm already considering another... we will just have to wait and see. What about you?

Oh don't be shy, I've been shy for too long, I thought I saw a picture you posted of something hard on the Dawn wall... possibly was Space? Very cool looking line, if so, how was it? Did you do the real finish? I heard most parties finish on Mescalito or what ever. Forgot to mention I did Mescalito as well! Did spent 10 days on it in 95, best route of my god damn life. Also the longest I've ever spent on a route, god damn 10 days is a lot longer and harder than 5.

Cheers

i have patches of zombie flesh popping up all over me - poison oak, a poignant reminder that, if god exits, he's a malicious asshhole :)

...wuz it old growth Poison Oak as seen here running up the Fir Tree?

Scott_Peterson_Jim_Opdycke_and_Bill_Coe_with_Poison_Oak_resized.jpg

I think some of that Beacon Rock poison oak tried to kill Jeff. I didn't have the heart to tell him that all of the PO he'd ripped out had grown back a few months later on Lay Lady Lay crack. That stuff is malevolent.

Haul the Man JO up there in a insulated body bag if you want it done right...'they just don't listen'

Mostly in the early to mid 90's, then off and on since then. Then a friend and I did quite a few of the aid routes back in 03-05 when we where training for a harder aid route on the capitain. Alot of that was done in shitty weather just like Ivan. My socks still have not dried out :)

Cheers

Perhaps you will post photos and I'll have to apologize for this but... bullshit.

How many fake screen names do you have?

Oh don't be shy, I've been shy for too long, I thought I saw a picture you posted of something hard on the Dawn wall... possibly was Space? Very cool looking line, if so, how was it? Did you do the real finish? I heard most parties finish on Mescalito or what ever. Forgot to mention I did Mescalito as well! Did spent 10 days on it in 95, best route of my god damn life. Also the longest I've ever spent on a route, god damn 10 days is a lot longer and harder than 5.

Cheers

oofwap.gif

Cheers

oofwap.gif

Wow fucking cool dude! Way to be an ass.

Cheers

Perhaps you will post photos and I'll have to apologize for this but... bullshit.

Wheres your pictures and what the fuck have you done KirkW. I'm sick of this site you guys are all a bunch of fucking clowns with no lives, who consistantly fight about nothing. I've read this site for years before I bothered to post on here and I've seen it all. You Columbia Gorge and Portland guys are a bunch of fucking loosers. Theres a reason not many of you know me. I'm done with your guys bull shit. Have fun with your bitching.

Cheers

where are your pics from your mt. hamilton majic ???

Wheres your pictures and what the fuck have you done KirkW. I'm sick of this site you guys are all a bunch of fucking clowns with no lives, who consistantly fight about nothing. I've read this site for years before I bothered to post on here and I've seen it all. You Columbia Gorge and Portland guys are a bunch of fucking loosers. Theres a reason not many of you know me. I'm done with your guys bull shit. Have fun with your bitching.

Cheers

where are your pics from your mt. hamilton majic ???

still waiiting for the pics from your mt. amilton majic, or maybe i missed them.

real or no-real, bird, welcome aboard - i'm hoping you're real as i've said, and to tie in w/ you someday - gonna be around anytime in the next few weeks? would dig on seeing what you have to do aroudn here on to show you what the bacon-wand has to offer after the closure sets in - would like to do a new route on the n side this winter and have precious few fools to help out w/