Ego Talk

Kimmo

The more limited, the more narrowly egoic the view of yourself, the more you will see, focus on, and react to the egoic limitations, the unconsciousness in others. Their "faults" or what you perceive as their faults become to you their identity. This means you will see only the ego in them and thus strengthen the ego in yourself. Instead of looking "through" the ego in others, you are looking "at" the ego. Who is looking at the ego? The ego in you.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very unconscious people experience their own ego through its reflection in others. When you realize that what you react to in others is also in you (and sometimes only in you), you begin to become aware of your own ego. At that stage, you may also realize that you were doing to others what you thought others were doing to you. You cease seeing yourself as a victim.

Are you suggesting that having a strong ego isn't a good thing or that being unconscious of it is not good?

not sure who your reply was directed at.

if at me...i'm not necessarily suggesting anything. just read those lines and they kinda worked their way in and i vibed with them. also reminded me of times that i've gotten pissed at people for something that I have a habit of doing. actually quite amazing, the process, when i step back. anger seems to be a good cue for this kinda thing....

Edited by Kimmo

Are you suggesting that having a strong ego isn't a good thing or that being unconscious of it is not good?

not sure who your reply was directed at.

if at me...i'm not necessarily suggesting anything. just read those lines and they kinda worked their way in and i vibed with them. also reminded me of times that i've gotten pissed at people for something that I have a habit of doing. actually quite amazing, the process, when i step back. anger seems to be a good cue for this kinda thing....

Good stuff bud. Anger is just vomit from something you decided to eat.

So here is my sci-fi blend of philosophy, psychology and psychiatry look at EGO.

The poor fellow that lost his nut in Arizona took some loved people down with him. Why, because his ego. His ego could no longer control his world around him for whatever reason, maybe due to the 'voices' he heard.

His ego, the feeling of having no control, handing the control over to 'voices' lead him to kill.

So why does he hear voices? He hears voices because he knows something they don't. The so-called paranoia is really a megalomania in disguise.

The megalomania (ego) builds him into something he had failed at in life: being important.

Being someone with important information gives him a sense of control. Control of information that only he has.

One thing about insanity is that the people that are insane, don't know they are.

Ego is just the desire to control: physical bodies, environment, minds,feelings, actions, other peoples opinions, lives, health, beauty, wealth, nations.

At one time ego kept us alive; we had to be in control to stay alive. It wasn't in or out of control, it was just plain control.

Currently we have now mastered how to control some of the nasty inconveniences of the past. Like hunger and thirst. But the hard wiring hasn't changed. The ego is always eager to control something perceived as a new threat. Even if the perception is insane, it appears as the only sane thing left to do.

Anyway it's just one angle. Ego, control, free from having to forcibly control, hard wiring, still killing.