cheap hotel close to Mt. Hood

vsigler

Does anyone know of a hotel to stay at near Mt. Hood that's affordable? Don't need fancy, just near the mountain so I don't have to drive from Portland on the day I climb. Options identified online seem pricey. Will be there for a few days, otherwise, I would just sleep in the car. Thanks.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mazamas lodge right in govy camp. dirt cheap, bunk style housing, access to shower, internet, fireplace warmth. basement room has a fridge i think and drying area for wet clothing/you can mess with your gear down there.

there may even be a few of the smaller rooms that sleep 2-7.. if you require that.

~$17.5 - open to the public. think you can piggyback some meals on too.

http://www.imbueid.com/fmi/iwp/cgi?-db=Mazama&-loadframes

If you do end up choosing to sleep in your car, I would not recommend sleeping in the parking lot at Timberline, as there is always a ton of noise from other climbers and the snow cats grooming all night long. I would recommend going to either the Trillium Lake snowpark parking lot, Barlow Pass trailhead parking lot, or to white river snowpark parking lot. A lot quieter (especially barlow pass) and darker. Most folks I know just drive from portland, though...

Be safe,

C