CiloGear praise

Bigtree

So, I was loading up my coveted 40L WorkSack Sunday morning at the car park for an ice climb when one of the two tie down straps for the top pouch parted ways where it was sewn to the edge of the pouch. The pack wasn't that full but with the rope on top of the sack I was pulling the straps down with some force to clip the strap.

Called CiloGear this morning from the office to make arrangements to send the top pouch in for repairs from Vancouver Island where the pack and I live. Graham answered, we had a short discussion after which he took my name/address and said to forget the repair and that he'd ship me a replacement out by days-end. Impressive when the owner of the company offers this kind of stellar customer service. I'll be buying more packs from this outfit in the future for sure.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After hearing my praise for cilogear packs, my neighbor gave in and ordered one online. 5 minutes later he gets a call from graham, graham wanted to know if he knew the difference between the 40 and 45L packs. they talked for a while about the pros and cons of each pack, what colors he would want, etc. he was pretty blown away with the customer service he received from cilogear and even more impressed with his pack.

though i have a giant wall stacked full of packs the only ones i use are my 60, 30, and 20L cilos.

aw jeez folks! stop making me blush! Bigtree, if you didn't live in canuckistan, I'm sure I would have opted for the repair! ;)

Thank you.

It's been quite a ride for the past five years. We're in the sixth year of sales, we've moved production from turkey to New York City and finally to Portland. We've made some far from perfect packs, and I think we're making some pretty damn awesome ones now...Check out the Hauly's and some other new packs for your cragging pleasure. Ski packs should go up at the end of the month, but I have to get through OR first.

If I could only ever have one pack, it'd be a 30L Cilogear. I've used mine on more trips than I can count, and it is the bees knees on everything from an afternoon of cragging to 4-day trip into the Picket Range. My only issue is a small hole in the bottom which I patched. The hole was chewed by a monkey in SE Asia though, so I can't really blame Graham or the design for that one.

• 1 month later...