Another Right-Wing Loon Makes the News

Choada_Boy

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be fun to blame Sarah Palin, and all, but anybody with any experience dealing with severe mental illness could tell you this guy was probably a ticking time bomb, and for some time, too.

Let me clue you in Rob cause I like you. You're about to be accused of being fair and balanced and you'll be kicked out of the Libtard club and then attacked endlessly with 6th grade name calling. :grin:

Having been around mentally ill people, not just Pat Gallager (Posts as tvashtarkatena) and Chode on this board, but up at the VA Hospital, I can tell you that almost all of us are much closer to mental illness than we ever imagine.

It would be nice to see the Great CC.Com Spray Cabal come to grips with how invectives spewed on a climbing website resolve nothing and fail to change any opinions.

You know who you are, both right and left wing, with 90 percent of your postings on CC in Spray.

Why not try going climbing or skiing. I hear both of those activities are fun, even when conditions aren't perfect.

[img:center]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_rxgbPHdbZ9I/TSp-wU-0DMI/AAAAAAAAA3s/w9e8nNTd1k0/8-Ski-Slope-IMG_3651.gif[/img]

The genie of division and fear that politicians and some media have unleashed to increase their "market share" will prove quite hard to get back in the bottle.

again, point to time in american or for that matter world history when that genie ever was IN the bottle? our nature as half-hairy monkies is spelled out pretty handily in our history - we fling modern poo in political form, and some of us then go crazy and eat the poo, and the babies, and pull down the forest on top of ourselves

now that's fine philosophy for 726 in the a.m. :)

yes, you're not polarizing at all. None of us here on cc.com are.

it's not about polarizing tone but about message content. Class warfare waged by the wealthy and their political stooges is polarizing. But let's not kid ourselves: the right wing message for so long has been about fear and hate, calls to murder in the media (Assange, Chavez, etc..), demonizing and threats against government employees, demonizing of immigrants and Arabs, treachery and terror, renewing the tree of liberty while packing guns that were banned until a few years ago, denying that millions of innocents die because of our military adventurism, etc ... You certainly won't find an equivalent message coming from the left.

yes, you're not polarizing at all. None of us here on cc.com are.

it's not about polarizing tone but about message content. Class warfare waged by the wealthy and their political stooges is polarizing. But let's not kid ourselves: the right wing message for so long has been about fear and hate, calls to murder in the media (Assange, Chavez, etc..), demonizing and threats against government employees, demonizing of immigrants and Arabs, treachery and terror, renewing the tree of liberty while packing guns that were banned until a few years ago, denying that millions of innocents die because of our military adventurism, etc ... You certainly won't find an equivalent message coming from the left.

:rawk:

Well said!

It would be nice to see the Great CC.Com Spray Cabal come to grips with how invectives spewed on a climbing website resolve nothing and fail to change any opinions.

You know who you are, both right and left wing, with 90 percent of your postings on CC in Spray.

Why not try going climbing or skiing. I hear both of those activities are fun, even when conditions aren't perfect.

[img:center]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_rxgbPHdbZ9I/TSp-wU-0DMI/AAAAAAAAA3s/w9e8nNTd1k0/8-Ski-Slope-IMG_3651.gif[/img]

:tup: Indeed! Alpental was glorious yesterday!

You certainly won't find an equivalent message coming from the left.

agreed, but if you want to really do something about the right's message, which has been in use since jesus was still shitting in his drawers, your only option is to adopt the same tone and advocate the same tactics, which gets you where exactly? otherwise, it's shrieking into the whirlwind.

You certainly won't find an equivalent message coming from the left.

agreed, but if you want to really do something about the right's message, which has been in use since jesus was still shitting in his drawers, your only option is to adopt the same tone and advocate the same tactics, which gets you where exactly? otherwise, it's shrieking into the whirlwind.

Naw, just be chill and kind, little things count too.

If that doesn't work, go climbing!

you must be joking. I am certainly not going to advocate or practice what I believe is antithetical.

how else do plan on making them big old meanies stfu? they won't stop so long as they have air in their lungs...

fuck ya'lls skiingn on virgin powder - aid climbing in the freezing damp!

Beacon_January_004.JPG

could boycott advertisers on hate cable and radio to start with? it worked with Beck who is now wholly subsidized by the Murdoch hate machine.

i don't see how that moved the world a single milimeter towards reasonableness - not sayign though that boycotting things associated w/ hate-speech is stupid, just that its not really going to change the fact that right-wingers will still say crazy shit and crazy folks will act on it

it hasn't made a difference because it hasn't been broad enough. The main problem is the huge bandwidth given to enable hate speech. All of Fox advertisers should be targeted for boycotts. A divestment campaign of companies that work with hate mongers could be quite effective as well.

i doubt - isn't fox like hte most watched american news by #'s? do you know how many teenagers i teach each year who gleefully call for the death of folks they disagree w/? there's a big market for crazy. and titties. fox has'em both in spades.

still, trying to do somethign is better than nothign at all i reckon - who'm i cheating of my hard-earned cash this week then?

it hasn't made a difference because it hasn't been broad enough. The main problem is the huge bandwidth given to enable hate speech. All of Fox advertisers should be targeted for boycotts. A divestment campaign of companies that work with hate mongers could be quite effective as well.

What we need is the government to apply some reasonable restrictions on speech, right j_b?

liar. I have never advocated restriction on speech in any form.

One favorite tactics of the right wing is to accuse their opponents of what they do. Take the example of Clear Channel, the largest radio network in the US (over 1200 stations) and GOP propaganda network, employer of hate monger Limbaugh, network that fired DJ's opposed to the Iraq war, with employees that organized pro-war demos, Dixie Chicks CD burning events, blacked out anti-war musicians, etc ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/25/opinion/channels-of-influence.html

Edited by j_b

What we need is the government to apply some reasonable restrictions on speech, right j_b?

Only on speech to the right of him - in other words to the right of Joseph Stalin.

It might be fun to blame Sarah Palin, and all, but anybody with any experience dealing with severe mental illness could tell you this guy was probably a ticking time bomb, and for some time, too.

Having been around mentally ill people, not just Pat and Choda on this board, but up at the VA Hospital, I can tell you that almost all of us are much closer to mental illness than we ever imagine.

Tick

tpm-20090912-protest4.jpg

Tock

re-load.jpg

Tick

mike-pezzano.jpg

Tock

6a00d834519ed469e201287690d2cf970c-800wi.jpg

Tick

protester_1464203c.jpg

Tock

we_came_unarmed_this_time.jpg