Another Right-Wing Loon Makes the News

Choada_Boy

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One Less Activist Judge

"In February, when U.S. District Judge John Roll presided over a $32 million civil-rights lawsuit filed by illegal immigrants against an Arizona rancher, the Marshals Service was anticipating the fallout.

When Roll ruled the case could go forward, Gonzales said talk-radio shows cranked up the controversy and spurred audiences into making threats.

In one afternoon, Roll logged more than 200 phone calls. Callers threatened the judge and his family. They posted personal information about Roll online.

"They said, 'We should kill him. He should be dead,' " Gonzales said.

Roll, who is the chief federal judge in Arizona, said both he and his wife were given a protection detail for about a month.

"It was unnerving and invasive. . . . By its nature it has to be," Roll said, adding that they were encouraged to live their lives as normally as possible. "It was handled very professionally by the Marshals Service."

At the end of the month, Roll said four key men had been identified as threat makers.

The Marshals Service left to him the decision to press charges but recommended against it. Roll said he had no qualms about following their advice.

The recommendation was based on the intent of those making the threats.

"I have a very strong belief that there is nothing wrong with criticizing a judicial decision," he said. "But when it comes to threats, that is an entirely different matter."

Such moral outrage from the very same guy who only yesterday decried NPR as:

Jew PR.

1.) Stop pretending you care about these people as human beings. You don't.

2.) Stop pretending you have any facts right now. You don't.

3.) Stop pretending you are outraged by the very same behavior you regularly encourage. You have, on numerous occasions here, called for the death of people you disagree with politically such as George Bush, Rush Limbaugh, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Glen Beck, Sarah Palin, and, of course, me. In fact, I believe you have called for swift death more times than the fucking ayatollah or Bin Laden himself. So sit your sorry little hate-filled hypocrite ass down and shut the fuck up.

10 to 1 He's a Tea Party Scumbag

Here's some other predictions:

1) Anti-Obamacare

2) Anti-Immigrant

3) Christian

4) Unemployed

Zero for 4 it looks like. A nutcase for sure. Your rush to judgment seems to have missed the real fact that per Nitrox's quick sniff, he's a left wing loon, much like yourself apparently. Dude certainly seemed to have that jew hating thing that seems to pop out of your crazy mouth on odd occasions as well. It will escape your notice I'm sure, that more than most people, you preach and spout violence as an answer to your complaints and petty bitches. Get a grip and look at yourself once in a while Chode: try to get your own out of control hate mongering under control so you don't step out of the whack zone. It's not a left wing/right wing thing, it's just a thing. You can't control the rest of the world but you damn sure can control yourself. Start there.

Damn sad in either case and it's a hit for our country and all citizens that stuff like this - and things like Chodes normal threats of violence on this board, occurs. Does anyone besides me remember his suggestion that Rush Limbaugh be killed? I have no love for Limbaugh, but freedom of speech is a bedrock of our society and it's total bullshit to be going off like that. Sad to see it all amping up.

Sending well wishes to the congresswoman for a full recovery.

Well, one of his favorite books was Mein Kampf and he complained of the "second constitution", so he ain't no lefty.

Very common for unbalanced folks to make radical swings from one end of the scale to another, but a fairly clear picture is starting to emerge of his views.

Let's hope for the best for those that survived and the families of all victims.

Young mentally unstable man blames progressive government for society's problems, also rumored to be disgruntled re: immigration; thinks blowing away a bunch of government figures is the answer...

...how exactly is that 'left-wing' again? Sounds a lot more like a McVeigh or an Andrew Stack to me. You guys are seriously delusional, and doth protest too much.

Please let her pull through, and let this be a wakeup call.

Why is everyone arguing over whether he's a left-wing loon or a right-wing loon? He's fuckin' crazy either way, which (by definition) means he's not representative of either. Trying to use this tragedy as political ammunition for your own petty partisan vendettas? Despicable.

Everyone should be disowning this guy, instead of opportunistically claiming he belongs to whoever your political opponent is. You should be fucking ashamed.

You guys will find any excuse to engage in partisan fight, and yet you pretend to hate partisan politics. You're all a perfect explanation for what is wrong with our country. :lmao:

Edited by rob

Why is everyone arguing over whether he's a left-wing loon or a right-wing loon? He's fuckin' crazy either way, which (by definition) means he's not representative of either.

Huh? Crazy people not representative of politics? :shock:

Trying to use this tragedy as political ammunition for your own petty partisan vendettas? Despicable.

This incident is one of many that arise out of one despicable method of discourse, not in spite of it! Tea bagging being fruit of the same tree......

Why is everyone arguing over whether he's a left-wing loon or a right-wing loon? He's fuckin' crazy either way, which (by definition) means he's not representative of either.

Trying to use this tragedy as political ammunition for your own petty partisan vendettas? Despicable.

This incident is one of many that arise out of one despicable method of discourse, not in spite of it! Tea bagging being fruit of the same tree......

seriously, when in human history has political discourse not been vituperative? crazy people doing crazy shit is hardly new either. more of the same old shit, and sad as ever.

seriously, when in human history has political discourse not been vituperative? crazy people doing crazy shit is hardly new either. more of the same old shit, and sad as ever.

The conjuncture is very different today. Hate and fear mongering are very effective when people have many reasons to be afraid of the future. For all we know, this could be the beginning of a very destabilizing campaign of terror.

You think this whacko is representative of the right wingers? I don't. I think he's probably extremely mentally unstable. I doubt many tea-baggers approve of this guy. Or are you saying they do? You think most tea-baggers are just like this guy?

FW, do you think most left-wingers are just like this guy?

Of course not. This guy is in a world of his own. Most people would not do something like this. That's why it's such a big headline. And so, I stand by my statement -- this guy is NOT representative of either party. He's in a class of his own.

I think it's a shame that within hours of this, posters from both sides are quick to use this as ammunition to continue the same sort of angry, polarizing us-vs-them bullshit that got us into this sort of mess in the first place.

Liberals are hardly exempt from this criticism. How many times have we called FW and his pals fascists?

Judging by the slice of Americana on display in the online comments sections of major news outlets, the "let's take step back and take a good look at what's going on in this country" narrative doesn't seem to be taking hold. The genie of division and fear that politicians and some media have unleashed to increase their "market share" will prove quite hard to get back in the bottle.

This guy is in a world of his own.

Unfortunately, his own statements (be they filtered through his schizophrenic mind) make it clear he is very much of this world. Recognizing that he was informed by and acted within a political context characterized by heightened paranoia doesn't require one to "take sides".

This guy has been crazy for years. At least as early as 2005.

It might be fun to blame Sarah Palin, and all, but anybody with any experience dealing with severe mental illness could tell you this guy was probably a ticking time bomb, and for some time, too.

The current poltical climate may or may not have set him off, but we're all to blame. It certainly wasn't as simple as a poster with crosshairs on it. IMO.

Edited by rob