SarahPAC's targets for political assassination

empire

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean today or March 25th, 2010 when the article was written?

Today would be a great day for you to just STFU...out of respect for the dead and common decency, if that's even possible for you. Let's do that experiment, shall we?

Strange response. Palin's political targets were published a year ago for an election that ended last November but it's disrespectful to mention the obvious timeline discontinuity?

I haven't been following the news lately so I didn't see the AZ story until it was posted here (and after my post in this thread). Ironically you've never felt the need to "STFU out of respect" so I'll take your suggestion with a grain of salt.

Both.

Well, what Palin does or says doesn't reflect on me so when she published her list of political opponents it didn't change who I am as an American. I didn't know about it then so I didn't feel shame when it was published, it doesn't make me feel shameful today. I assume since no one here said anything about it back then (at least that I know of) it didn't make them feel much shame either.

As to the relationship between Sarah Palin and yesterdays shooting, well the shooter was a self proclaimed far leftist (communist?) so I don't see any correlation between the two. Certainly not enough to, again, feel any shame personally. Crazies come in all shapes and sizes (and from all nationalities), a violent act during a psychotic episode isn't enough to make me feel bad about being an American.

I hope the congresswoman pulls through, from what little I know about her she seams like a good person.

Ok Nitrox, I apologize for construing this as a reflection on you personally as an American. (That is, unless you tolerate anyone who advocates political assassination, no matter how nuanced.)

Your little leftist/communist story is unsurprising. I haven't heard that kind of denialist spin yet, though I haven't been tuning into Fox either. It is possible, as you maintain, that this murderer was never exposed to or influenced by the recent propaganda campaign insinuating the killing of politicians, despite the best efforts of the powerful and well-funded political and media groups that produced them. I think this is unlikely, but you are welcome to your opinion. Regardless, what happened today underlines the immense moral and ethical hazard of advocating violence as a campaign strategy.

May there be a God to protect her and reward her for her service, since nobody else could. Let us pray that this does not happen again--if you're the passive type. Otherwise, let's honor her by peacefully but vigorously opposing any and all political figures, ideologies, and media organizations that encourage this kind of tragedy. It's for real now.

Your little leftist/communist story is unsurprising. I haven't heard that kind of denialist spin yet, though I haven't been tuning into Fox either. It is possible, as you maintain, that this murderer was never exposed to or influenced by the recent propaganda campaign insinuating the killing of politicians, despite the best efforts of the powerful and well-funded political and media groups that produced them. I think this is unlikely, but you are welcome to your opinion. Regardless, what happened today underlines the immense moral and ethical hazard of advocating violence as a campaign strategy.

It isn't my "little spin", here is the shooter's youtube account where he lists The Communist Manifesto and Mein Kampf (among others) as his favorite reads. Among some of his nutty ramblings is him burning an American flag.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Classitup10

Feel free to check the other thread, I posted a link to his classmates stating he was very liberal and politically motivated.

I ran across a few blogs searching the story stating that he may have worked for the congresswoman in the past but I didn't see any evidence to corroborate the claim.

One thing is certain, even at a cursory glance, this nutjob wasn't a Palin or Beck fan, nor a Christian.

maybe i'm too much of an optimist, but this story is a reaffirmation for me of some of the things that i thing amerikkka is actually good for

1. this is the end of sarah's career - period. she runs for president? yeah, shouldn't be too hard to craft a mud-slinging commericial just for her...

2. compare this to pakistan last week. some wing-nut caps a secular governor and half the nation is out throwing rose-petals at his feet - even the right-wingers of our country have to acknowledge this guy is ape-shit. only the fringe of the fringe could support this.