Vaccine-Autism Link = Deliberate Fraud

G-spotter

i'd find out what my kid was allergic to, wait, try a single shot, and go from there

a reasonable approach. although knowing if your kid is allergic to vaccine cultures is problematic until actually administering a vaccine.

btw, have you had your booster for pertussis?

I wish there were a "stupid" vaccine.

Your responses, which is what we have to go by here, indicate a lack of comprehension of the science of the issue.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite reasonable to argue that the earth is flat, as long as you don't look too far. Keep up the reasoning with ignorance for seasoning, kimmo!

And for the rest of you, keep your kids vaccinated & get a Tdap instead of Td next time if you've not had a pertussis vaccine since childhood, thought you don't need to boost with Tdap every time as was mentioned earlier in the thread. If you have frequent contact with kids under 1 year or are a new mother, you should get a Tdap now (instead of your next booster if you've never had it).

The bottom line is vaccines save lives & reduce morbidity, with a fantastically low rate of side effects, which do not include autism. End of story.

"

No, please, do not mistake passion, which can change its mind, for fundamentalism, which never will. Passion for passion, {Kimmo} and I may be evenly matched. But we are not equally fundamentalist. The true scientist, however passionately he may “believe”, in evolution for example, knows exactly what would change his mind: evidence! The fundamentalist knows that nothing will."

Your tax dollars are going to fund a wonderful agency called the CDC, which ought to be your primary source for vaccine-related issues (most reputable sources merely repeat CDC recommendations). These are doctors & other health professionals paid to look out for your & the country's best interest. Sure, nobody's perfect, but at least their stated agenda is helping you be healthy, instead of promoting a return to the dark ages. Reap the benefits of your dollars and check them out!

And next time somebody bashes vaccines, take note of their age. Most likely you will find a younger person with a huuuge blind spot for history. Old people remember these diseases used to strike down the health or even the lives of friends & family.

"I'm not trying to argue with that," these spring chickens will say.

Well, what exactly ARE you trying to say then?

"I am so smart, look at me, I disagree with a world of experts in the subject! Some of the great scientific advances were made by disagreeing with a world of experts!"

And who were these bold figures in history?

"Experts in their own right!"

And you are...

"Pretty good at google!"

There, kimmo, I just saved you an argument with me.

It's quite reasonable to argue that the earth is flat, as long as you don't look too far. Keep up the reasoning with ignorance for seasoning, kimmo!

And for the rest of you, keep your kids vaccinated & get a Tdap instead of Td next time if you've not had a pertussis vaccine since childhood, thought you don't need to boost with Tdap every time as was mentioned earlier in the thread. If you have frequent contact with kids under 1 year or are a new mother, you should get a Tdap now (instead of your next booster if you've never had it).

The bottom line is vaccines save lives & reduce morbidity, with a fantastically low rate of side effects, which do not include autism. End of story.

don't know what you're going on about with your flat earth theories, but good advice about boosters for pertussis. except you didn't mention that its efficacy diminishes after 5 to 10 years. meaning, get a booster not only if you haven't had a pertussis shot since childhood; get one if you haven't had one in the last 5 years.

then your last paragraph is a rather poor generalization, with exceptions. but being the vaccination scholar that you are, you already knew that.

"
No, please, do not mistake passion, which can change its mind, for fundamentalism, which never will. Passion for passion, {Kimmo} and I may be evenly matched. But we are not equally fundamentalist. The true scientist, however passionately he may “believe”, in evolution for example, knows exactly what would change his mind: evidence! The fundamentalist knows that nothing will."

?

and the above is germane exactly how?

evidently you have not had your recommended vaccine.

Your tax dollars are going to fund a wonderful agency called the CDC, which ought to be your primary source for vaccine-related issues (most reputable sources merely repeat CDC recommendations). These are doctors & other health professionals paid to look out for your & the country's best interest. Sure, nobody's perfect, but at least their stated agenda is helping you be healthy, instead of promoting a return to the dark ages. Reap the benefits of your dollars and check them out!

And next time somebody bashes vaccines, take note of their age. Most likely you will find a younger person with a huuuge blind spot for history. Old people remember these diseases used to strike down the health or even the lives of friends & family.

"I'm not trying to argue with that," these spring chickens will say.

Well, what exactly ARE you trying to say then?

"I am so smart, look at me, I disagree with a world of experts in the subject! Some of the great scientific advances were made by disagreeing with a world of experts!"

And who were these bold figures in history?

"Experts in their own right!"

And you are...

"Pretty good at google!"

There, kimmo, I just saved you an argument with me.

jim, sometimes i wish there was one too.

except you didn't mention that its efficacy diminishes after 5 to 10 years.

wait for it... OK JUMP TO CONCLUSION WITHOUT ANY EVIDENCE!!!

meaning, get a booster not only if you haven't had a pertussis shot since childhood; get one if you haven't had one in the last 5 years.

Source: Kimmo

or

What I said.

Source: CDC, and therefore recommendations with clearly referenced scholarly articles

Kimmo, you have no credibility and you're not helping anybody by blathering on and on

whooping cough - what a pitching name for a disease

shingles, not so much

i loved the fudge shingles on my mama's gingerbread houses

:lmao:

pertussis doesn't sound like a disease w/ the same degree of shit-consequences as tetanus n' polio

except you didn't mention that its efficacy diminishes after 5 to 10 years.

wait for it... OK JUMP TO CONCLUSION WITHOUT ANY EVIDENCE!!!

meaning, get a booster not only if you haven't had a pertussis shot since childhood; get one if you haven't had one in the last 5 years.

Source: Kimmo

or

What I said.

Source: CDC, and therefore recommendations with clearly referenced scholarly articles

Kimmo, you have no credibility and you're not helping anybody by blathering on and on

link

link

link

what i most appreciate is the static nature of the CDC; you know, once they say something, it remains the truth FOREVER......

if it was my nature, this is where i would enjoy calling you an idiot, without recourse to vaccination.

[

i bring it up because the pertussis vaccine loses efficacy after 5 years. meaning, if you have not had the vaccine in the last five years, you risk contagion and then passing it on to others. simple.

which means that anyone who is stridently "pro-vaccine" should, logically, make sure their own vaccinations are up to date.

kapisce?

Generally children and the elderly are more susceptible to such illnesses than adults, and could die. Moreover as the caretaker for a child (who can not make decisions for himself) it is negligent not to protect the child from a preventable, serious illness. If I don't get booster shots for myself, well, I am the one who will bear the brunt of that decision, should I get sick.

once they say something, it remains the truth FOREVER......

So when are you going to admit what we're talking about here--not to let the thread drift back to its point--the dude out and out lied, it was an obvious lie, still many so-called google experts believed him (and ranted and raved and were otherwise totally full of shit), kids got sick and died, and in the end the asshole got caught.

Time to come on down from that tree or sign up for one of those 'Denali for Christ' climbs, either way, I don't care, the point has been settled: FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!

once they say something, it remains the truth FOREVER......

So when are you going to admit what we're talking about here--not to let the thread drift back to its point--the dude out and out lied, it was an obvious lie, still many so-called google experts believed him (and ranted and raved and were otherwise totally full of shit), kids got sick and died, and in the end the asshole got caught.

Time to come on down from that tree or sign up for one of those 'Denali for Christ' climbs, either way, I don't care, the point has been settled: FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!

But did you get your pertussis booster....?

Seems to want to maintain a vaguely anti-vaccine stance without providing any concrete scientific justification for such a position, because there is none.

The belief that vaccines have any connection whatsoever to autism ranks right up there with the theory that HIV doesn't cause aids.

Tread Carefully on the Path of Unreason Kimmo-san...

Generally children and the elderly are more susceptible to such illnesses than adults, and could die. Moreover as the caretaker for a child (who can not make decisions for himself) [bold]it is negligent not to protect the child from a preventable, serious illness[/bold]. If I don't get booster shots for myself, well, I am the one who will bear the brunt of that decision, should I get sick.

if you do not get the booster shot, you do increase your chances of getting pertussis. if YOU get pertussis, you increase your family members' chances of getting it, PARTICULARLY the ones too young to have been vaccinated against it.

from what i've read, pertussis is a benign pain in the ass for older children, but deadly in those less than 1 yr old, with a mortality rate of <=~1%.

so, my point is that anyone here who is stridently "pro-vaccine" needs to, for obvious reasons, go get their pertussis booster immediately.

Seems to want to maintain a vaguely anti-vaccine stance without providing any concrete scientific justification for such a position, because there is none.

The belief that vaccines have any connection whatsoever to autism ranks right up there with the theory that HIV doesn't cause aids.

i am telling you all to go get your pertussis boosters, yet you accuse me of being "anti-vaccine"? :confused:

good lord, do you really think i have any vested interest in the guilt or innocence of the man? you seem to have a lot invested in this.