Marmot and REI Kudos

Jim

Picked up new tele set up recently - bindings at Marmot and skis/boots at REI. Neither shop had everthing I wanted.

When going to mount the bindings I discovered that the heel plate and adjustment pins (22 Designs Axl) were missing out of the sealed box. Marmot quickly discovered that many of their boxes were missing the same - but they got me replacements the same day. We came to the conclusion that 22 Designs must have hired some stoners for the holiday rush.

Surprisingly I had a great salesperson at REI who was an experienced tele skier, knew the setups well, and provided a great perspective.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had called around to a couple local ski shops looking for a replacement part for one of my bindings. One shop just flat out refused to help while the other, although seemingly willing to help, didn't follow through and left me with a still-broken binding.

I wandered into Marmot Mountain Works on the way back from the mountains one day on chance and not only did they have the part I needed, but had two of them, with improved screws that wouldn't allow the part to fall off again (heel lift on G3 Onyx). They also provided them free of charge since I had bought the bindings there.

I resolved then and there that I'd never go to the 'other' shops and I'd do all my shopping at SA, FF, and MMW from now on.