• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
icebella

[TR] Ellensburg - Umptanum Falls 12/29/2010

Austin was a guy that lived in the 'burg back in the day... I climbed with him a bit and he used to eat it alot! My buddy was climbing up at Umptanum about 10 years ago when he heard a big crash and splash...... Austin fell in the water.

Great trip report! Eburgs got the goods for sure if you can find it. What is the waterfall up in the hills in a canyon to the south of E-burg that the old stage road goes into does anyone know? Takes 4 wheel drive to go down into it.

If it's the one I think it is, it's what I've always known as Manastash Falls.... It's accessed off the manastash road to the south and west on the back road to manastash lake.

Thanks everyone! Glad the TR helpful! With how cold it's been for so many days, I bet Umptanum Falls is in now. Don't know if Manatash Falls is in yet. Maybe someone can take that on as a project.... ;)

There are a lot of confusing things going on here...the only stage coach road I know about goes south from eburg over to the north side of naches. The only climb I know of thats accessible from that road is the one written about here in the TR.

As for manastash falls, I've never heard of it, but I do know of ice in the manastash canyon, which is unpublished, but more than likely seen ascents.