• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
yikes

Broken AT binding- WWCCD?

I'm an inexperienced skier. I was out touring today and broke a binding while side-hilling in trees. Luckily I was only about a mile from the car and was able to boot it/single ski out relatively painlessly. My question is do you guys carry a "repair kit"? If so, what's in it? I was skiing on Silvretta 500s and stripped the device that adjusts the boot length on the rails.

Maybe ask over at wildsnow.com they carry binding/ski repair kits on long tours and might have some suggestions. I usually ski badly enough that I probably won't be that much slower booting it out anyways. ;-)

I almost always carry p-cord. Seems to be handy. If you need to get replacement parts for your binding I would try Neptune Mountaineering in Boulder. I recently dealt with them with a replacement part for my Silvretta 500's (broken piece that covers the DIN screw on the heel).

Cheers!

gorilla tape on pole (lots)

18 gauge flexible wire (~6')

small tube of 5-minute epoxy

small hunk of steel wool

extra binding screws

multitool w driver for screws

tent stakes (semi-circluar are best) work great for pole repair

It doesn't weigh that much

Edited by dberdinka