What Kind of Handgun Should I Get?

prole

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sure was fun rereading all the comments with gun-buying advice in this thread (including purchasing 10-round magazines) from the very same people who are now pontificating about the need for severe gun control and how gun users who support the 2nd amendment are morally liable for the murders of innocent children in Newtown and elsewhere. :wave:

Yeah, great example of someone changing their mind about the need to own a gun using critical thinking skills and rational judgement over irrational fear. After living here and working all over this city at all hours, I realized pretty quickly that carrying a gun is fucking stupid. The advice here about situational awareness was spot on. Make sense, Kojak?

Yeah, great example of someone changing their mind about the need to own a gun using critical thinking skills and rational judgement over irrational fear. After living here and working all over this city at all hours, I realized pretty quickly that carrying a gun is fucking stupid. The advice here about situational awareness was spot on. Make sense, Kojak?

It's depressing that America has cultivated a society in which changing your mind is viewed as a bad thing, as if the best among us are expected to make up their minds about complicated topics and then never change them, despite the inevitable growth and revelation that experience tends to bring. Woe be to the politician who thinks better of his immature positions in the harsh light of experiential knowledge. Waffle! Waffle!

Obviously, important decisions should only be made once, right? Never look back!!!

It sure was fun rereading all the comments with gun-buying advice in this thread (including purchasing 10-round magazines) from the very same people who are now pontificating about the need for severe gun control and how gun users who support the 2nd amendment are morally liable for the murders of innocent children in Newtown and elsewhere. :wave:

You are a twit, and always will be, comrade.

Why your disdain for Literature, Political Science, and Sociology? Some people like that shit and I wouldn't begrudge them an opportunity to follow their interests whether it's marketable or not. Something about the pursuit of happiness, or something. Not to mention something to offer beyond the grim boredom you must be experiencing that drives you to this message board on a daily basis.

I'll probably clear 50 this year, maybe a third more next year. Did you want to compare dick sizes next? Pissing distance? What are you, 12?

Why your disdain for Literature, Political Science, and Sociology? Some people like that shit and I wouldn't begrudge them an opportunity to follow their interests whether it's marketable or not. Something about the pursuit of happiness, or something.

Yeah, you've clearly pursued happiness.

And yes, I'm bored now. Unlike you apparently. You've logged on as you are busy as hell with useful pursuits (like happiness).

Please tell me you don't have children...

Stephen has previously posted that he has 3 children. Any torture your imagination could concoct has most likely already been suffered by him many times over.

The laser beam focus on how happy/successful/wealthy other posters usually indicates that whats on your own plate is less than satisfying. It is the way of the hairless monkey, I suppose. It's more an omega than alpha trait, however.

I've never met a truly successful person, one that is truly grateful for their life, who feels the need to measure themselves relatively to others in this way, nevermind anonymous innernutterz they've never met. The folks I admire most tend to forge their own, unique path, with its own, unique measures, rather than climbing someone else's one dimensional ladder.

Nor do I know anyone (personally) who attempts to cook 'success' down to a single measure - even something as critically important to human happiness and self actualization as student loan debt status or how many mid 40 something match.com hawties returned your winks this week. It's common among adolescents, but seems unseemly and embarrassing as an adult. Some of us endeavor to peek beneath the standard shiny gift wrapping we're handed down as children by commercial culture to see what's really inside.

To me, that's real freedom.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I think it's more accurate to say that not being able to get a date on match.com might make you feel very un-special. It's like fishing in a barrel with a grenade.

Don't get me wrong, online dating is the modern way to meet lots of folks in a hurry - I highly recommend it. Much like being a checkers wiz, however, being the Late Middle Aged Hef of online dating just isn't something one brags about. The online dating world has all the aging Hefs it can use, at least according to feedback from the other side of the gender fence.

I wouldn't recommend match.com specifically, however, unless you're the Elephant Man, in prison, or have some other specialness about you that requires a bottom feeding strategy in your search for love.

In the end, the advice for dating remains the same, whether online or not: Avoid horses, dogs, and kids, in that order.

Most especially horses.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Glock 23. Reliable, concealable, but it might be too big for your hands.

I like .40, that's a good caliber for a handgun. I'm not a fan of Glock's industrial design, though, I would probably go Beretta that doesn't look so German or whatever. They make a subcompact in .40 that would probably be good for smaller hands.