Question: moderators and spray

icegirl

I'm curious as to the role of the moderators on this site. It seems like they moderate some things, and don't moderate others. Specifically referring to the spray that comes up on the main board. This may not be the moderators job, but the posters job to moderate ones self.

I only ask because sometimes very relevant info that I would like to show some climbing friends at work, happens to be sandwiched between a couple of risqué little graphics and a lot of trash talk. I am embarrassed by some of it, and therefore do not introduce some of those climber/friends to CC.com.

There have been things showing up recently that I would be very uncomfortable bringing up on my computer if my SO were leaning over my shoulder, or my boss for that matter. (yeah yeah, I shouldn't be reading CC.com at work)

I hear the spray already... "If you can't stand the heat" "this wasn't advertised as a 'family' site", "don't read it if you don't like it" etc.. BUT, that is what the spray section is for. Take it there. I would like to be able to read CC.com at work, and show it to my friends as a resource for pacific northwest climbers, without being afraid that I'll get hosed by those lovely icons of multifarious sexual acts next time I'm looking for the future pub club location...

I'm not saying don't post it, just post it where it belongs...

Perhaps I just need to re-asses what I thought this site was, and if that's the case, that's fine too...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Icegirl, If you're viewing in IE just click "view source", then notepad will pop up with the source code for the page. Then you can just search for some identifying word in the post. Figure out the html code and just delete everything but the beta you're after. Then you can save the file filename.htm. Then pull that page up in IE and show it to your friends.

Oh wait, nevermind, you've got a webpage, you know all this stuff. So anyway, just make your own webpage. You can make it anything you want.

quote:

Originally posted by icegirl:
Perhaps I just need to re-asses what I thought this site was, and if that's the case, that's fine too...

only one thing to say.....you mean what this site is/was to you...everyone i imagine has a different view or idea of this site.....public forum....

though i will agree that alot of the stupid sex stuff (you all know what i am talking about) is a bit much......humorous possibly....really not.

smile.gif" border="0[big Drink][big Drink]grin.gif" border="0

I'll tell you what Icegirl, you've got a good point. I'm one of the worst. I will make more of an effort (and have been with my jokes and shit) to keep my grody stuff in spray. I agree that it probably belongs there. If everybody else is having a good time spraying in another forum though, I'll join in. That's just the way I am. Okay?

I learned all my cross posting thread drifting skills from pope. The guy starts threads about sport climbing ettiquite in the Mt St Helens section, and discussed eating sausage in the newbies section. yay Pope! we would make you alpine buddy of the week if you hadn't already been it 3 times or something.

My pal Icegirl has managed to say what I've been trying to say for a while here...and yes, I have had to slam this window shut at work a couple of times where embarassing stuff came up. Sorry, there *may* be a good reason it's lonely over there in the Sprayground.... wink.gif" border="0

Thanks for your consideration in being reasonable about the stuff you put up on the main board...not a prude, just not always interested in that sort of stuff!

quote:

Originally posted by allison:
yes, I have had to slam this window shut at work a couple of times where embarassing stuff came up.

oh and it had nothing to do with the fact you were surfing cc.com when you should have been working, right rolleyes.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by lizard brain:
I think we should have a rigid set of rules, and that anyone that does not strictly adhere to these rules should be permanently banned from cc.c. I for one promise to be deadly serious at all times from now on.

You know, i just found out that there is a real site called cc.com as well. Check it out http://www.cc.com

The way I see it, if you refer this site to someone because of the beta or for whatever reason, you should consider what's involved with the ENTIRE site. If there is any part that you would not recommend, you should either a) Refer the site with the disclaimer that "There are some parts of the site that might offend." or b) Not refer the site at all. If you're worried about your SO seeing what you're up to, you need to decide if a) Visiting this site is worth jeopadizing your relationship with said SO, or b) Your relationship with said SO is putting a cramp on your climbing lifestyle. It's all a matter of living with your decisions. If someone is not willing to take the full measure of responsibility for each and every action they take, then well, that's up to them.

(--Climb on,,,

quote:

yes, I have had to slam this window shut at work a couple of times where embarassing stuff came up.

Don't you love it when you enter a thread and you see 100 jpeg's loading up....you get your fingers on cmd-w in a hurry (if you're cool and using a Mac). Now to hack ultimatebb.cgi to allow mp3 attachments... hmm but it's Friday... I'm out of here.

In my work, if I am noodling around online it's because I am in between working--nothing wrong with that. It's OK to use the computers at work to surf the Net during times like that, and on breaks, but when I go to check the board and see the aforementioned 100 JPEGs, likely of kind of embarassing stuff, well, I hate that. Plus I don't want to look at that myself.

No one's asking for 'no levity' or lots of rules or anything like that, but a little bit of common sense could go a long way. Come on, Sprayers, is the rest of your life so repressed that you MUST spray over every square inch of cc.com in order to effectively jettison your pent-up agression? I seriously doubt that....and if it's the case, maybe we could take up a collection for some nice medication or therapy sessions...hey, worked for Trask! grin.gif" border="0

quote:

In my work, if I am noodling around online it's because I am in between working--nothing wrong with that. It's OK to use the computers at work to surf the Net during times like that, and on breaks, but when I go to check the board and see the aforementioned 100 JPEGs, likely of kind of embarassing stuff, well, I hate that. Plus I don't want to look at that myself.

No one's asking for 'no levity' or lots of rules or anything like that, but a little bit of common sense could go a long way. Come on, Sprayers, is the rest of your life so repressed that you MUST spray over every square inch of cc.com in order to effectively jettison your pent-up agression? I seriously doubt that....and if it's the case, maybe we could take up a collection for some nice medication or therapy sessions...hey, worked for Trask!
grin.gif" border="0

Hmmm....I see that you've only been registered here for a few weeks. Are you moving in here and telling everyone to change the long established environment of the site? Just curious.

well, looks like this one is going down the gutter too! 'bout time to move this one into spray tongue.gif" border="0

you know, if you guys keep being mean to icegirl and allison, they may never go to pub club again... and if that happens FB may never show up due to "the high likelyhood of a sausage fest" (shermanator)... then where will you guys be confused.gif" border="0

no women to shmooze over, no legeds of the cascades... now be nice grin.gif" border="0