memorize this face!!!

Craig Pope

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what would happen if he was stealing draws from a easy route? What if the bunny face had fixed draws? Is it ok to remove draws from a easy line?

I would think the "rules" would be the same but I think the reality is that this dipshit would not get the same scolding if he was stealing from a easy line. (whatever easy line means)

Another thought. Would or should this douche waffle get a scolding for removing the draws and leaving them at the base? Like removal on the grounds of visual esthetics? (it is a state park)

gene...quit defending the punk...no, he might piss people off if he took the shit down and threw it in a pile at the base of the cliff or left a note explaining that the gear was at Redpoint; but you can rest assured that his face wouldn't be on every climbing forum around if he did only that...

he flat out was equipping himself with a new rack by stealing and didn't give a shit about "ethics" (as if he had any)...dickhead is lucky he didn't get his face punched in...

gene...quit defending the punk...

I was not trying to defend him. he is a serious douche head. He obviously didn't do the right thing on prior days and didn't even come up with a decent lie to cover his ass. Professional criminals always have a exit strategy.

My prior post was just a couple of thoughts came while reading this.

One question...what would one do with dozens of draws? Is there a quickdraw market on ebay? The payoff for this crime is minimal. Me thinks he is mental.

Don't know if you guys are the same ones who leave ropes hanging from the chains over at the Marsupials but I bet whoever is doing that is sure glad this guy is a bit lazy. Unfortunately laziness is what contributed to the problem in the first place.

Citing the guy for "ethics" at Smith - now thats "ironic".

Who do you blame if you just left your bike unlocked on a city street corner and returned to find it missing? Yourself, the thief, or both?

The guy is a dick but Smith is no bastion of ethics by a long shot and you guys aren't special just because you may climb harder than some. Maybe the status quo has been established wherever you climb but the guy is right: you leave your draws in many places and you should have zero expectation to get them back.

Djdan, so now laziness is the problem? Fixed draws at Smith are a community service. Obviously you have not tried to climb anything really hard at Smith. The beauty of fixed draws is that you can bail anywhere on the route and just pull your rope and not leave gear. For the hard climbs at Smith, it is the answer. Jeezus, please no more morons on this site, my head is going to explode.

i found three draws on a route once. i took them. being poor (and young), i thought i had just found some nice booty.

i also hope nobody has taken the 40+ draws i have hanging around on various lines in the northwest!

and, do i feel this guy is the lowest scum-bag for grabbing some draws off a cliff that someone else left behind? no, not really. i can't say i really know what was going through his mind, and what his history is.

So, he gets caught stealing and just racks them up and is on his way while he is lectured about it.He couldn't of cared less. Words were wasted on this POS, he needed a hard smackdown, he'll do it again and think nothing of it. This really pisses me off. From Colorado? Seems like there's a guy on Ebay who's been selling slightly used climbing stuff for years. Probably no connection though.

:tup::tup:

Don't know if you guys are the same ones who leave ropes hanging from the chains over at the Marsupials but I bet whoever is doing that is sure glad this guy is a bit lazy. Unfortunately laziness is what contributed to the problem in the first place.

Citing the guy for "ethics" at Smith - now thats "ironic".

Who do you blame if you just left your bike unlocked on a city street corner and returned to find it missing? Yourself, the thief, or both?

The guy is a dick but Smith is no bastion of ethics by a long shot and you guys aren't special just because you may climb harder than some. Maybe the status quo has been established wherever you climb but the guy is right: you leave your draws in many places and you should have zero expectation to get them back.