smith theif

corvallisclimb

Frankazoid: I would argue that it's far more naive to think that violence is somehow indicated in a situation like this. The naivete you allege in me is simply faith that humans can actually communicate with one another if effective methods are used. If the man taking the draws observes that his accusers can be reasonable even while confronting him, there is a chance that it might illuminate his own actions and give him a fresh perspective. If they had attacked, it would have illuminated nothing for him that wasn't expected. The unexpected (reasonable) response of the accusers was far more valuable for provoking thought.

Your assertion that his only possible response will be to become a better thief because he escaped bodily harm is based on a common oversimplification of human morality. An eye for an eye? A beating for some quickdraws?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FRankazoid, maybe you just need your ass kicked and then you'll change your mind?

Need my ass kicked? I simply stated that we obvoiusly see things differently. whats wrong about that? You want me to change my mind so bad, that you would see my ass kicked? You get into fist fights over verbal debates such as this? Then you sure sound like a Prick, Steve. This is a online forum. Were not at a crag, with someone stealing quickdraws in front of your face. And honestly, I really don't give a shit anymore. Sidenote from this, again, Happy 2011 climbing.

Edited by Frankazoid

The good doctor hasn't posted in this thread that I'm aware of. Ian Caldwell is not DFA btw...

Hmmm, isn't that Don Ryan in the background? Are things really always what they seem? :lmao:

106806759_medium_342f8c.jpg

Sorry, I was looking to put this someplace for Raindawg, but didn't' want to bump the other thread where it would have been more appropriate:-)

The good doctor hasn't posted in this thread that I'm aware of. Ian Caldwell is not DFA btw...

Hmmm, isn't that Don Ryan in the background? Are things really always what they seem? :lmao:

Sorry, I was looking to put this someplace for Raindawg, but didn't' want to bump the other thread where it would have been more appropriate:-)

Looks like billcoe be fishing for some attention and at the same time, aggravating thread-drift.

106806759_medium_342f8c.jpg

I'll take the bait and say that it ain't Ryan in the background of the ridiculous picture you posted above nor a fair representation of folk-hero Nichols who has more fans than you could ever imagine. Did someone just give you a copy of Photoshop Elements for Christmas? Nice try...you'll get better at it.

In the meantime, here's my impression of you and the intent of your post:

look-at-me.jpg

You got some attention. Happy now?

And I must say... I really dont mean to insult you (nice person/talker), but it's more the fact that, well... honestly I just dont understand how you.. couldn't... didn't... ya know. Makes my blood boil. I have absolutely ZERO tolerance for SCUM.

And it is quite clear that you do.

Zero tolerance, eh? You'd sacrifice a few years of your life in jail to beat down some dude alledgedly poaching a wad of arguably abandoned quick draws on public land??? seriously! WWJD?

Calm down and read a couple of these:

Matthew 5:38-42

Luke 6:27-31

And who is "scum" from a Christian point of view? Everybody. That's where the message comes in.

You abandoned gear on public land. He's collecting the booty. Why do you expect that you can leave your junk affixed to public space (until you feel like removing it)
We are having that very discussion right now. You might as well get in on this conversation as well Dawg- Here: LINK TO LEFT OUT TRASH DISCUSSION

You're welcome, hopefully it expands your head. BTW, I've never left a draw anywhere on purpose, due to being old and fat like yourself, but if I knew I could taunt you with it somehow, I'd probably be able to find a way. And if that little Leprechaun came to steal all my Lucky Charms, well, so be it.

:shock:

THAT'S THE SPIRIT ROB! CLEAN UP AMERICA! I'll help out by pulling out or sawing down all those pesky street signs littering the cities and creating a visual eyesore. People should take them down at night and put them up in the morning. Lazy bastards.

FRankazoid, maybe you just need your ass kicked and then you'll change your mind?

Need my ass kicked? I simply stated that we obvoiusly see things differently. whats wrong about that? You want me to change my mind so bad, that you would see my ass kicked? You get into fist fights over verbal debates such as this? Then you sure sound like a Prick, Steve. This is a online forum. Were not at a crag, with someone stealing quickdraws in front of your face. And honestly, I really don't give a shit anymore. Sidenote from this, again, Happy 2011 climbing.

:lmao: reer, do I see a cat fight?

I saw a bike locked up to a tree the other day. I CAN"T BELIEVE THEY JUST LEFT THEIR JUNK AFFIXED TO A PUBLIC SPACE!!!

Naturally, I cut the lock and took it. I'm sure Raindawg will back me up.

THAT'S THE SPIRIT ROB! CLEAN UP AMERICA! I'll help out by pulling out or sawing down all those pesky street signs littering the cities and creating a visual eyesore. People should take them down at night and put them up in the morning. Lazy bastards.

Are these really the best "analogies" you guys could come up with????? Urban bike racks and city signs??? Weak!

weaksauce.jpg