smith theif

corvallisclimb

No worries. He does dress super funky, and I did climb with him on Halloween when he wore tight capri's, a ripped up skin tight shirt, and the similar hat.

I think the only thing they share is somewhat ridiculous style, other than that they're different.

Thanks!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This enrages me.

Damn pussy ass people in the northwest; talks to him like a child when he touches the ground. Dude- someone jacks your shit right in front of you, and you have a discussion with them of whats wrong and right? He should have gotten beat the f'k down the second he touched dirt. Call me old fashioned, but... Man up people!

That jackass has a pretty distinctive look, and I definetly wouldnt mind giving him what he has coming if I were to run into him. I noticied the DPM comment saying " someone needs to help this guy have a climbing accident". That was a great opportunity.

And I must say... I really dont mean to insult you (nice person/talker), but it's more the fact that, well... honestly I just dont understand how you.. couldn't... didn't... ya know. Makes my blood boil. I have absolutely ZERO tolerance for SCUM.

And it is quite clear that you do.

And I must say... I really dont mean to insult you (nice person/talker), but it's more the fact that, well... honestly I just dont understand how you.. couldn't... didn't... ya know. Makes my blood boil. I have absolutely ZERO tolerance for SCUM.

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/937795/Re_Will_Jesus_make_me_a_better#Post937795

the wrath of god :)

Sorry pink, i don't feel that makes me look bad at all. Yes I did post that. I do, as a human being, lose control. And that crag situation would be one of the times, most likely. Also, you should remember I never said I was Jesus. I just said I beleive in him.

;)

Edited by Frankazoid

Sorry pink, i don't feel that makes me look bad at all. Yes I did post that. I do, as a human being, lose control. And that crag situation would be one of the times, most likely. Also, you should remember I never said I was Jesus. I just said I beleive in him.

;)

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

i think Gandhi said this, and so did you sorta ;)

Chill the fuck out frankazoid. Ian the one whos draws where getting stolen is an Oregon State Park Employee. Do you whoop ass when your on the clock, or at your place of work? If so you are fucking bad ass. :fahq:

Nope, I definetly would of had to hold back if I worked for the State Parks. But hopefully one of the other witnesses would have felt inclined. I personally don't have many freinds who would just stand around in a situation like that. I feel that its more than just a crime against Ian. It could be anybody elses draws at any other time. So, the other people seeing that (and probably understand that) just stand around? I have definetly expressed how I feel about it, and thats all I wanted to do. The video truly did bring out strong emotions in me. I'm definetly a hothead. I apoligize for being harsh towards you and Ian.

Well, if you ever DO find yourself in this situation wherein you're about to lay the smackdown upon some guy, I would recommend that you DON'T videotape it. Just sayin.

;)

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

Yep thats pretty much exactly right. you got it.

I think these guys handled it exactly right. They videotaped the whole thing, confronted the guy, explained why he was in the wrong, and then posted it so that the guy is known.

Giving the guy a case of whoopass would have made them the criminals, plus the guy looked like a wimp, he had a chick with him, he was not confrontative, and they got their draws back. So it all went down as well as could have been expected.

Agreed. A teachable moment like this would only be irreparably damaged if the situation devolved into violence. It's far more effective to speak to some one clearly and calmly, much like one would address a child (and the thief's conduct surely legitimized this approach).

Bravo.

-A

i agree that this was handled very well by ian et al. also, the video was posted on mountainproject by our own beloved billcoe and showed up on climbingnarc today, so this quickdraw thief is becoming well known to the climbing community at large.

Agreed. A teachable moment like this would only be irreparably damaged if the situation devolved into violence. It's far more effective to speak to some one clearly and calmly, much like one would address a child (and the thief's conduct surely legitimized this approach).

Bravo.

-A

Sorry but I have to ask... Do you really think he was being taught anything? how naive. He's obviously been around enough to know that people fix draws. Nobody forgot them, or couldnt get them down. he knew that. And he wasnt "Taught" a damn thing. Thats what is irratating to me about this. The ONLY lesson he learned is to be way more careful when going out to steal draws. So don't kid yourself.

Did anybody notice if he was using a prussik to make things easier with all that swinging around while rappeling? If so that would help prove the fact that he was competent with the ways of climbing and what he was doing.

Admirable effort

C-

This get an A+

Edited by Frankazoid

;)

Well said, G Man...

I hope folks like you, Dave, get the chance to be saved by a firearm one day so you can see the value of an armed citizen. And pulling a gun out in this situation would be horrible. Lame to throw that in there.
Dude, lighten up... Just a little spraycarsasam... For the record, I AM an "armed citizen". (Two arms and two legs.)

Honestly, from what is posted on the video, seems like they handled the situation well. Yeah, they could have bitch slapped him, for added measure, but that would indeed put themselves in a legal quagmire. Nicely done gents. I think this guy will be looking over his shoulder next time he wants to "free the draws". As well as when he gets ridiculed for his dubious actions caught for the world to see.

Frankazoid-

totally off the topic of pulling guns and armed citizens - but - are you really out of North Bend, ORe? I've never met a climber from that region? Coastal stuff must be gettin ya by when you can't drive instate? Bandon boulders are sick!

Edited by Checat

And he wasnt "Taught" a damn thing. Thats what is irratating to me about this. The ONLY lesson he learned is to be way more careful when going out to steal draws. So don't kid yourself.

If he got a beat down, he would have learned to be more careful the next time he removes draws, and how to sue in small claims court for medical bills.

Way better to handle that situation like intelligent adults rather than angry thugs. Nice work Ian, Tim and Stan!