Employment

red

Rei is a fuckin haven for granola munchin pussies that couldn’t clime a ladder if there life’s depended on it. I have been applying every two months or so at rei in Kennewick interviewed and didn’t get the job. I’m not upset that I didn’t get the job……well yes I am but im more upset because I actually go out and climb unlike any of there employees. There best climber couldn’t lead a 5.9 sport without treating it like a project. Except maybe at the fethers. well I just had to vent. anyone have a similar experience

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its not whatcha know (obvios in the case of rei) its whoya know. if you really want to work there and don't have a name to drop find a friend that has a relative that will give you a referral. then you can get that job you want working with all those people you seem to have such a high opinion of rolleyes.gif" border="0

by the way is there some sort of lame ass i dont know basalt from granit i love trees ive never climbed anything but my stairs but i know how to use ten key realy fast pre employment test there mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0

just venting againjust got word of unemployment about five minuets ago

[big Drink]

Why would anyone want to work at REI?? I did for a short bit and found absolutely no reason to stay. Yeah, you get cheap gear but at what mental price?? Let's see, mind numbing work, low pay, and no respect=dead end!

Get a real job and then you can buy anything you want with all that cold hard cash that you couldn't possibly earn at REI. Plus, then you are free to spray away at them for all of their ignorance wink.gif" border="0 . . .

Poor wittle Wed. That mean Trasky hurt your wittle feelings. Not really I am just steamed and hate seeing you people spray all day long seems a bit pointless to me. And what real high paying job I am a college student in the dry shities. There is not many high paying jobs for students. Just wanted the discount

red-Do you have any prior RETAIL experience? Or prior CUSTOMER SERVICE experience? That may be more of a factor than climbing experience.

There's plenty of schmucks that climb but may have no social skills with the general public (and I'm not saying that you don't). Just remember who the majority of the crowd are who shop at REI. Are they mostly climbers? Not. Think more like: Nordstrom-gone-granolahippie. Would they want a climbing dude to talk techie with? No, they want to know which looks better on them: the light khaki or the semi-psychadelic floral-splashed print.

quote:

Originally posted by Jman:
red-Do you have any prior RETAIL experience? Or prior CUSTOMER SERVICE experience? That may be more of a factor than climbing experience.

There's plenty of schmucks that climb but may have no social skills with the general public (and I'm not saying that you don't). Just remember who the majority of the crowd are who shop at REI. Are they mostly climbers? Not. Think more like: Nordstrom-gone-granolahippie. Would they want a climbing dude to talk techie with? No, they want to know which looks better on them: the light khaki or the semi-psychadelic floral-splashed print.

no shitz...can you say Eddie Bauer?

wink.gif" border="0