odd forecasts around steven's and snoqualmie pass

ARob

i was looking at the forecasts around Monday Tuesday and I saw that it said snow all day, then some rain after 10, then snow again, and that just seemed weird to me. Can anyone with more weather knowledge help me understand this? Is it just part of this Pineapple Express? Warm air getting kicked up from the ocean Monday and getting pushed in that night? Just interested, seeing if anyone wants to discuss.

By the way it was snowing pretty good today up there. There was a good half hour of grapple followed by fatty flakes the rest of the afternoon. Snow on the west side of Kendall was powdery but stable. Good skiing. It was raining just off the pass. Did anyone see if the rain made it up to the pass?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not Pineapple express, that's a large area of warm moist tropical air that usually sends frezzing levels to 7K or above. Snoq. is relatively low elevation, so prone to rain/snow weather mix. Also if winds are out of the east, they will bring cooler air form Eastern WA, thus snow. Westerly winds can bring warmer ocean air. Currently there are a number of weather systems moving though the area, causing freezing levels to bounce around a bit.