Drift Police/Civility Coaches

pope

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't help but relate a true story from a few years back at Harborview Medical Center...

Gang banger is driving around with his woman in the car... says something that pissed her off... she pulls a gun out of a glove box, and shoots him in the face.. he proceeds to take gun from her and shoots her. Drives himself to harborview and in the interview with the guy who fixed him up and the police officers, says "then she pulled out the gun and shot me in the face" officers: "then what did you do", dude: "shit man, I took the gun and killed the bitch" ...

Yeah, it does happen. perhaps my perspective is a little different than others smile.gif" border="0

Yeah Harborview gets some crazy crap. About six years I was brought in the ER with a pretty bad compound fracture (like there is a good one grin.gif" border="0 ). Anyways this guy was in there who had been shot, and the guy who shot him tried to force his way in there to finish him off. No shit.

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:
e is good, speed is bad.

Yeah DRU, E is really good at putting holes is your melon. Don't believe me, go to http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov and click on the PubMed link (nothing to do with Pub Club) and do a literature search for "MDMA" or "Extacy puts freakin holes in your melon". Maybe that will change your mind about it.

Where are the drift police when we need them? Power-Gu, Man-Gu, drugs, road rage, bicycles, space ships. Jeeesh.

Could we get back to something of immediate interest and consequence to the NW mountaineering community? Wasn't the point of this thread.....let's see, was it how to spend your REI dividend? Or was it, "Who has got the best espresso at Belle Square?"

what do you think is better - a benevolent tyrant, or electing a barnyard animal to rule you?

sometimes it seeems to me like the chickens are running the foxhouse and the bats have taken over the church. but if all these animals die because of global warming, will you blame yourself or Bush?????? confused.gif" border="0confused.gif" border="0confused.gif" border="0[Wazzup]

Remember the "Bush bucks"? That $600 or so that you got in the mail? Keep in mind that that was no tax rebate; instead, that was an advanced payment of anticipated refunds. You may subtract $600 from the rebate you would have received this year.

quote:

Originally posted by pope:
Remember the "Bush bucks"? That $600 or so that you got in the mail? Keep in mind that that was no tax rebate; instead, that was an advanced payment of anticipated refunds. You may subtract $600 from the rebate you would have received this year.

Yeah, I'm always excited about getting a tax return until I remember it was my money in the first place. mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0