Drift Police/Civility Coaches

pope

I won't argue with any of that. Well, except one point. Start retesting at age 60, not every year. I mean it, my mother at 76 should not be driving. She still does it though...someone should yank her lics. I think it's up to the DMV to take the incompetent's lics. Not trying to be a Boy Scout here, but I usually try to let at least one guy merge out of a gas station or restaurant for no other reason than it's the right thing to do. You'd be surprised how contageous that is. smile.gif" border="0

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anybody catch the Simpsons the other night? They were in this class to help senior citizens get their licenses back and the instructor (Chief Wiggum) says "It's ironic how most of you here are being kept alive by the organs of people you've killed on the road."

Heh.

quote:

Originally posted by Jman:

Same with shooting people.

Heh Jman, I was trying to be nice and agree with you. Why not get off the anti-gun soapbox and get on with something else. I'm not going to debate gun issues or laws with you on this forum. If you would like to take it further, PM me for my phone number and we can talk. Otherwise, let's drop it, okay?

Relax. Just giving ya a bad time. (did you notice the wink.gif" border="0 message icon?) All in good fun. If you can't take the heat, don't play - remember Dan Larson?

Although I do find it funny that one might pull a gun on a woman rather that hit her. Isn't that that a worse offense, showing intent to kill over just hitting somebody? [hell no]

Ah, but as you wish. Let's get off the tired topic. Let's maybe discuss Pope's original post... Nah! The Simpsons episode sounds better.

quote:

Originally posted by Biff:
I support Jman on this one. I'd love to spend a few years in jail, dealing with the guilt of busting a cap in some guys ass for yelling at me.

In jail, with a nickname like Biff, there'd probably be someone busting a nut in your ass.

[ 03-12-2002: Message edited by: ScottP ]

quote:

Originally posted by Jman:

You should've done like my wife does: jump out of the car and stomp up to their window cussing them out. Scared the snot out of one dude. (mind you she's only about 5'4" and about 125 lbs.) It was pretty funny to watch, though.

Oh now that's just bullshit! Nothing pisses me off more than a confrontational woman. Everybody knows you can't hit a girl- I wonder how funny it would have been if the dude decked her? Then you'd have to get out and fight the dude. You wouldn't be lauphing if you're woman's loud mouth left you getting your ass kicked!!!?

quote:

Originally posted by CleeshterFeeshter:
This thread is going in the wrong direction...

Um... I think perhaps that was the whole point of our useless drivel. Maybe you missed the original post by Pope which mentioned, "...those of us who drift "off-thread" and engage in uncivil exchanges". So, FLAME ON! (about unrelated topics, of course). tongue.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by moron:
I just tried shuffleboard for the first time, that game ROCKS!

Try boche. Another fun game is to set up a croquet set in an area with sloping terrain. It adds a whole 'nother dimension. (A lot like trying to read the lie of a green while putting.)

Psychos on the road suck. Oh yes i used to be a gun toting, baseball bat by the door type of guy, but then i realized my anger would change nothing.

Now I now ride my bike everyehere, but don't yell at me cause when i catch you at the next light, and i will, I'll key your car when your talking on the phone, heh heh suckers [Moon] .

quote:

Originally posted by jon:
People can cry all they want about other drivers, but it's nothing compared to commuting on a bike, as I'm sure Beck and Dan Larson can attest. Not like I don't drive but there is a population that sits somewhere on left end of the bell curve who just shouldn't be driving. An asshole a while back decided to pass me, then cut right in front of me, then immediately stopped trying to park while talking on his cell phone. He put me in a pretty sticky situation lucky, so I decided to get him a new drivers side mirror.

Oh man, this kind of shit happens to me all the time. I think about carring my ice axe with me and so I can sink it deep into the asshole's trunk as he blazes by me, thus inflicting righteous punishment and giving me a free joyride.