Drift Police/Civility Coaches

pope

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind sharing sharing my shaft with the community. Jman- are you seriously going to say that if a man hit your wife, you wouldn't do anything? But wait to file a lawsuit? Toughen up man! Most people I hang around wouldn't let someone get away with hitting one of their friends, let alone their wife. mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0

...some idiot was yelling he's going to shoot me one time when I kept passing him on my bike while he was stuck in traffic on the way to the U district on eastlake once- I 'd pass him and he'd start screaming and yelling at us asshole bikers, catch up in a few blocks, try to block my bike with the nose of his car, etc. etc.

All I could do was laugh at him, foolish man stuck in car.

NEVER heard of a man not standing up for his wife and waiting for a lawsuit, who cut his balls off? Her?

quote:

Originally posted by Beck:
NEVER heard of a man not standing up for his wife and waiting for a lawsuit, who cut his balls off? Her?

ahhh mista beck dat would wut sum peeps b callin a settled man....a man that has settled for imprisonment...not dat dats a bad ting.....

and another thing on that subject.....i have been in two altercations in my entire life (beating my brother sensless does not count) but one was in the defense of my woman and all i can say is that once is all said and done, though i may have felt bad in my actions.....she more then let me know how much she appreciated my actions defending her.....

I am still trying to unsucsesfully trick my mother in law out of her old set of lawn darts. She can hold her dang liquer.

Jman, that sounds like the classic lawsuit where the other guy wins $500 for hurting his hand defending himself from your wife and you each have to pay your attourneys their $5,000 fee.

quote:

Originally posted by Charlie:
I wouldn't mind sharing sharing my shaft with the community. Jman- are you seriously going to say that if a man hit your wife, you wouldn't do anything? But wait to file a lawsuit? Toughen up man! Most people I hang around wouldn't let someone get away with hitting one of their friends, let alone their wife.
mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0

I knew I'd take heat for that one, but that's ok. Let's just say you've never met my wife before, and wouldn't want to see her after hitting her. Sure, I'd be pissed that someone hit her, but it would be pretty damn entertaining to see the backlash of that stupid move, too. Obviously, I'd step in if I needed to (please, what guy wouldn't?!), but she really can hold her own and she wouldn't do something like that if she'd didn't know what she was getting into or if she was afraid of what would happen (I've seen her make decisions both ways, confront vs avoid). I trust her judgement.Also, she does NOT rely on me as backup (i.e. go and start something then expect me to bail her out). She takes any consequences of her own actions. Now, there ain't a man alive who wouldn't fight to the death over his woman (that is if he truly loves her wink.gif" border="0 )... so did you really think I wouldn't do anything? This is all like gradeschool stuff - my dad can beat up your dad. What's the reality of that happening?

THINK!

quote:

Originally posted by Matt:

There is a great bar in Walla Walla called the Green Lantern where you can get a bucket of beers and throw horse shoes. If you're ever passing through it's worth a look. It's amazing the damage a drunk guy with some horse shoes can do!!!
[big Drink][big Drink][big Drink][big Drink][big Drink]

glcover1.jpg

quote:

Originally posted by Jman:

I knew I'd take heat for that one, but that's ok. Let's just say you've never met my wife before, and wouldn't
want
to see her after hitting her. Sure, I'd be pissed that someone hit her, but it would be pretty damn entertaining to see the backlash of that stupid move, too. Obviously, I'd step in if I needed to (please, what guy wouldn't?!), but she really
can
hold her own and she wouldn't do something like that if she'd didn't know what she was getting into or if she was afraid of what would happen (I've seen her make decisions both ways, confront vs avoid). I trust her judgement.Also, she does NOT rely on me as backup (i.e. go and start something then expect me to bail her out). She takes any consequences of her own actions. Now, there ain't a man alive who wouldn't fight to the death over his woman (that is if he truly loves her
wink.gif" border="0
)... so did you really think I wouldn't do anything? This is all like gradeschool stuff - my dad can beat up your dad. What's the reality of that happening?

THINK!

OK, this brings back my first response about confrontational women- so this poor guy is going to have to sit there while your wife beats on him (again, you can't hit a girl)? We don't have enough dickhead traffic cops in this city that your wife has to go and beat/threaten/antagonize anybody who isn't driving the way she feels that he should be? Hmmm, interesting.

quote:

Originally posted by Bronco:
Jman, that sounds like the classic lawsuit where the other guy wins $500 for hurting his hand defending himself from your wife and you each have to pay your attourneys their $5,000 fee.

She'd never hit first tongue.gif" border="0 She's smarter than that. And trust me, if any guy did hit her, he'd certainly regret it - probably become a near-death experience for him.

Ask yourself: Would you ever hit a woman? Bad enough on it's own. Now think: Would you do it front of her man? I think not. grin.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by chucK:
Dude! do you have wings?

LOL! grin.gif" border="0

People can cry all they want about other drivers, but it's nothing compared to commuting on a bike, as I'm sure Beck and Dan Larson can attest. Not like I don't drive but there is a population that sits somewhere on left end of the bell curve who just shouldn't be driving. An asshole a while back decided to pass me, then cut right in front of me, then immediately stopped trying to park while talking on his cell phone. He put me in a pretty sticky situation lucky, so I decided to get him a new drivers side mirror.

My sympathies to Jon, Beck, and others that have to deal with rude drivers. Most of the problems lie with the general attitude of people when they drive, namely S E L F I S H N E S S - no consideration for others. I try to watch ALL traffic around me (front, side, AND BACK - which many pay no attention to simply thinking it doesn't matter because 'they're behind me') and anticipate what others are going to do. It comes from riding motorcycles - assuming that you're invisible to other drivers.I always try to be courteous and alert to others on the road and actually READ and obey traffic signals or general rules (such as yielding to the person on the right). Can't tell you how many times I've seen people do things illegally or just be plain ignorant of others and get yelled/honked at and be totally confused as to why they just got yelled/honked at. Or, they respond just as angrily when they were clearly in the wrong. Also can't tell you how many times I've seen people not know who has the right-of-way or what was legal/illegal. How many times have you seen someone try and merge onto I-5 going 40 mph?!GET OFF THE CELL PHONE AND DRIVE!!!!Getting sick to death of incompetent drivers. I've lived all my life in Seattle and have never seen such selfish and ignorant, incompetent driving as I have the last few years. I used to enjoy going out for a drive, but the amount of idiots on the road are incomprehensible. If you doubt me, just turn on the news everytime it snows. Please tell me why so many people get into accidents? Is it the snow/ice on the road? I've skied for most of my life and there's typically snow/ice on the relatively steep highways up to the passes. But how often do accidents happen up there? Not nearly as much as in the city. If you can't drive in it, why do you? I can drive just fine in snow and ice but choose not to simply because of others.

I think the DMV needs to re-test annually, and not just the driving aspect, but more importantly the written test. Learn the laws! And then, be alert and considerate to others! Finally, hang up the phone!