Drift Police/Civility Coaches

pope

I am as hypocritical as anyone I know and never contradict myself. I followed a kid home yesterday to talk to him about the head on collision he almost caused while passing me in a no-passing zone. Aparantly he didn't want to talk to me but, his dad was interested after I knocked on his door and let him know what was up with his kids driving behavior. I may have crossed the line when I embelished a little and suggested his son was seen blazing a doob as he passed me. It just sounded better and was much more satisfying as well. [laf]

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by slothrop:

Eh? How do you learn from your mistakes if you get no negative feedback? If someone is totally oblivious to almost killing me, they should damn well know about it, so they are more aware of those of us who aren't driving cars but have to share the road.

Sure, I've zoned out while driving and almost gotten into accidents, it happens. And after getting yelled at, I sure drove safer.
rolleyes.gif" border="0

Exactly! Too many people are oblivious to what's going on around them (once again, SELFISHNESS). And they'll continue oblivious if it's never pointed out to them. Not to go on a condemnation parade or anything, but sometimes it's best to speak up (when the emotions have cooled off, of course). Self-control is also vital. Well done, slothrop! That took more strength to handle it politely than letting the anger take control of you.

As I stated before, consider the other person first - and that includes how you tell them. Think: If that was me that screwed up, how would I want to be told?

[ 03-14-2002: Message edited by: Jman ]

i'd just like to say be nice to bicyclists. drivers are surrounded by a half ton of steel. bicyclists are surrounded by spandex. if you are making a turn you need to yield to bicyclists in a cross-walk (burke-gilman) EVEN IF YOU HAVE A GREEN LIGHT. DO NOT GO FLYING THROUGH THE INTERSECTION OF 25TH NE AND BLAKELY AND ACT SURPRISED BECAUSE SOME GUY ON A BICYCLE CAME OUT OF NOWHERE AND IS CURSING YOU OUT NOW. I HAD A GODDAM WALK SIGNAL.

(every morning at 7:50 am. every night at 5:10...)

thank you.

quote:

Originally posted by gregm:
if you are making a turn you need to yield to bicyclists in a cross-walk (burke-gilman) EVEN IF YOU HAVE A GREEN LIGHT.

First, I'm a daily bike commuter so I definately agree with those out there calling for more bike friendly drivers.

But I think what gregm has said might not be true. I *think* one has the right of way in a cross walk when walking. Technically, I think you're supposed to walk your bike on cross walks.

So I have no idea where this intersection is (it very well could be a "bike crossing"), and I'm not even sure what I've said above is true. Anyone know for sure about this?

Even if technically you're supposed to walk crosswalks, that's stupid and cars should yield. I think most drivers would rather have the bike on the sidewalk and yield when turning rather than the bike in the street and have to follow behind such a slow moving vehical.

Have a nice day.

quote:

Originally posted by trask:
What was that movie with Ice T getting hunted for sport by Ruttgar Hower and the boys? Awesome flick.

Dont you mean Hard Target with Van Damme getting hunted by some bad guys? I thought Rutger Hauer was the Replicant wink.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:
"
The Rules are simple - Kill or be Killed.
"

Did Mark Twight write the blurb or what?

SYNOPSIS

Six sportsmen, ranging from an ex-CIA agent to a Wall Street tycoon, ask the homeless and penniless Mason to lead them on a hunting expedition through the Pacific Northwest. However, the moment the men are isolated in the wild country, and their high-powered guns are loaded, Mason immediately becomes their prey in a vicious and twisted game of man versus man.

MOVIE QUOTES

"The Rules Are Simple: Kill or Be Killed." -- marketing line for the film

most of these movies may be a rip-off of an old "i spy" episode i remember where bill cosby and robert culp (?) get hunted in the jungle. they rig up some clever booby traps from vines and stuff. although i guess it's a simple enough idea that someone may have thought of it earlier.

quote:

Originally posted by trask:
I liked the one where Spock sacrificed himself for the greater good by walking into the nuclear reactor and removing the rods. Killed him.

That was a movie, not an episode. Jeesh! rolleyes.gif" border="0 Obviously not a Trekkie, are you?