• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Plaidman

Beacon tomorrow.

Speaking of apparelTech, just scored a cold-weather hoodie of remarkable design and construction for $35 (retail $115) at the Columbia outlet shop in Sellwood. It's called a 'Galaxy Hoodie' and is ridiculously stout with a great neck/hood system. Possibly the clothing deal of the year.

Just bought 3 based on your recommendation. I trust your opinion, but figured at that price if it's no good I could use it as toilet paper and toss it and still be ahead. I got 1 for the pup who just left for college and missed it till he gets back - and 2 for me, sweet sweet deal! [font:Arial Black]THANKS FOR THAT HEADS UP JH! [/font]

My only complaint on the design is that the zippered pocket for a key is too small. I'm not sure how they are claiming some kind of waterproofing either, but we'll find that out soon enough.

I went and bought one too! I love it. So versatile. It is a blaclava, hat, and great warm layer. It does sheds rain but is not water proof. It's perfect for me. My wife wants one too. It really is a great deal.

Edited by Plaidman

nice - hope the ospray joins us next time - i had the winebox n' everything! :)

Looks like Jim has got the new hoodie. I will be out this week. Had the kid this weekend. Sorry I missed the fun.

nice - just noticed how this pic catches all the gear on the traverse in the background - it's a testament to how fucking dark it is in that cave that i never noticed those anchors till today!

Beacon_January_028.JPG

Somewhere behind my head in that photo is where that piece of rock fell off when i got on the semi detached block. That was wierd when that fell off above my head and I wasn't even touching it, just hanging on the block.