Your best pic of the year...

dberdinka

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Storm clouds gathering around South Nesakwatch Spire. Having completed the enchainment (just in time), we got utterly drenched on the hike out. Brandon and co battled their way up the south face of South Nesakwatch during the worst of it, it would be good to hear their tale . ..

DSCF2322.JPGDSCF2324.JPGDSCF2453.JPG

Pretty nasty for August 31st eh? Glad I wore blue jeans :)Check out Darryls tape job in pic#2. He stepped up big time learning how to aid climb on an icy thin seam that took micro nuts and almost two lobes of the 00. My fat ass ripped out three of his key pieces following. We were wishing we had ice axes for the slippery ice black lichen mixture from hell. Third picture is of Darryl on Excalibur on a much kinder day. Cheers to a sunny 2011 summer.

My daughter leading in Leavenworth. (Which she doesn't do often.)

Condoraphaminel_2010_04_4181111.jpg

Leigh chillin at the belay on Liberty Bell. (He has come a long way - would never have been this relaxed a few years ago.

NCascadesClimbing_07_2010_7031869.jpg

My nephew Ian on SEWs. A friend said of this picture "His mom must just hate you" (She doesn't.)

NCascadesClimbing_07_2010_7052027.jpg

And a little winter stoke - from last winter. Leigh playing on the ice near Alpental.

AlpentalIce02_01_2010_2010920.jpg

hotel room in skaha with some local strongmen. nothing like getting humbled by dudes twice your age!

Mr. Squiggles, sorry only tr photos, i was shitting my pants on lead so my belayer didnt get the regular ass shots

P9252302.JPGP1221681.JPG

izzat mrazek in the background?

Of course that izz steve in the background.

Me thinks that this post confirms what I have said before = PNW climbers are way too serious.

Chris (Winter) set the bar with his pic of his beautiful wife at La Posada.

My submission shows the true expression of light and fast on our quick ascent of Prussik on the Snow Creek-Enchantments-Colchuck Lake-bike back to Snow Creek TH loop. A must do.

Summit_Shot.JPG

This is one of my favorite self portraits of the year. Oh yeah, Mt Wila Waw (er some such) in the background.

Mt_Wiliwaw_AK_May_2010.jpg

A few other keepers this year (sorry if I already posted these in other threads).

P1030244.JPG Mt Adams with the Mrs.

P1040129.JPG

Yum, BACON!

P1040178.JPG

P1030806.JPG

IMG_8743.JPG Stuart Range.

Ruth_Glacier_Moon_3_1_.jpg Alaska Range.

(Not so much "My BEST" pics, but more like a few of my "favorites" from 2010.)